User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should my girlfriend buy an RX-8?

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Why not get another MPS Rowie?
    What he said. Keep the old one and buy a new one. After all the owner of OzMPSclub.com should be the doyen of all things MPS in Oz

What better way than to be the first person to own both models?

Yep that would be awesome .... definatley would make you OZMPS king

Blog Entries

Lol. That would be an option if Mrs ATH liked driving the MPS. She hates the clutch, gears, torque steer and bumpy ride.

Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Lol. That would be an option if Mrs ATH liked driving the MPS. She hates the clutch, gears, torque steer and bumpy ride.

Haha.
    You could always buy her the new one!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

OK, since we have had the SP23, and have the MPS6 and still have the RX8. . . . id say get her an MPS3. The RX8 is a great car, and i still enjoy driving it. However.... they ALL chew alot of OIL and petrol... talking a complete fill of oil in between services. All of the Genesis engins as far as i no, can have issues with the seals on the rotary.... mainly the auto's because its not rev'd high enough before changing gears.

If its a manual, and has been driven like a sports car, without being abused and without it being driven with no oil, than go for it!

The RX8 is not great on fuel consumption.... in comparison it consumes slightly more than our GTR... which was a shock. People have stated that once you wack a turbo on them you can get a good 450k out of it. . . we have never gotten more than 480k (continuous high way driving got that) in one tank of fuel.

To be honest the MPS's are Faster, More fuel efficient and more convenient inside than the RX8, they have next to no Boot space unless you remove the spare (which we did).

At the end of the day thou, i can see why she loves it. Mazda make some nice cars. . but if it were me, id nab a MPS6 while i still could, she can come drive our 2 cars if she likes... see what one she really likes better .

I really loved the SP23.... considering buying one and MODing the S#$T out of it, just cause i miss it, and i can't mod my 6, 3 years warranty to go..... Maybe we can swap her 3 for our 8... JOKES.

Good luck!
    Latool- far from normal

There are more than a few mods you can do without affecting your warranty. I was only 2000km into my 3 year warranty before I started modding and I haven't had any issues which required me to take my car to the dealer. Mod away!

And to keep on topic, RX8s are hot - buy one!

Yep no doubt its Hot!!!!
    But can you be bothered to maintain it and drive it right
    1 things for sure its awesome looking

8. Default

Rowan, buy it when ur here as a little surprise

http://www.allclassifieds.com.au/ac/...vcid=122208929

Thats a rather nice buy....

Happy Motoring
    duglet

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Would it be bad if I drove it more than my MPS? - haha!
    You're assuming I'd let you...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latool View Post
    OK, since we have had the SP23, and have the MPS6 and still have the RX8. . . . id say get her an MPS3. The RX8 is a great car, and i still enjoy driving it. However.... they ALL chew alot of OIL and petrol... talking a complete fill of oil in between services. All of the Genesis engins as far as i no, can have issues with the seals on the rotary.... mainly the auto's because its not rev'd high enough before changing gears.

If its a manual, and has been driven like a sports car, without being abused and without it being driven with no oil, than go for it!

The RX8 is not great on fuel consumption.... in comparison it consumes slightly more than our GTR... which was a shock. People have stated that once you wack a turbo on them you can get a good 450k out of it. . . we have never gotten more than 480k (continuous high way driving got that) in one tank of fuel.

To be honest the MPS's are Faster, More fuel efficient and more convenient inside than the RX8, they have next to no Boot space unless you remove the spare (which we did).

At the end of the day thou, i can see why she loves it. Mazda make some nice cars. . but if it were me, id nab a MPS6 while i still could, she can come drive our 2 cars if she likes... see what one she really likes better .

I really loved the SP23.... considering buying one and MODing the S#$T out of it, just cause i miss it, and i can't mod my 6, 3 years warranty to go..... Maybe we can swap her 3 for our 8... JOKES.

Good luck!
    For her, she has driven both the MPS and the RX-8 and definitely prefers the latter. Fuel consumption isn't really an issue for us and we aware of the differences with owning a rotary. We've taken all that into consideration and we are going to try and get one.

Thanks for your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Rowan, buy it when ur here as a little surprise

http://www.allclassifieds.com.au/ac/...vcid=122208929
    That's not a bad one BB! If the other one we are looking at falls through, we might have to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Armthehomeless View Post
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Mrs ATH!
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

13. Default

You cant surprise her now shes on here too

The Rx8 is a very very sexy car ... I love them and they offer a different kind of fun than the MPS's kinds like the MX5 does

WHICH would get the garage?

15. Default

The MPS has had the garage for the last 2 years, so now it's my turn!

The MPS has had the garage for the last 2 years, so now it's my turn!
    Ouch!

And welcome!

... remind me not to mess with you
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Its nice to see the real boss on here now....

Mrs A

MRSROWIE...thats a girl you tell him how it's gunna be

settle laydees

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Laydees......where?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast