User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS vibration

1. Default Mazda 6 MPS vibration

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum thing but I joined as I require some feedback. I have a 2007 Mazda 6 MPS done around 180k kms and I've just bought it recently. It's bone stock. I've been driving it around for a few days and recently picked up a vibration, which, over time is increasing. Initially I thought it was something to do with the transmission but now that it's gotten quite worse, even if I roll the car on neutral on speeds around 50-60 km/h it vibrates. Sometimes it's vigorous and other times not so much. I'm assuming it is something to do with the driveline supposedly or the diff but I'm not quite sure.
    Any feedback would be great
    Thank you in advance

Blog Entries

Hello, and welcome. I don't have any first hand experience with the 6 MPS, but I recall the MPS6 having some vibration issues from the rear driveshaft and differential. Possibly the diff mounts are shot or something like that.

3. Default

When were the wheels last rotated and tyres balanced?

Take it to a dedicated tyre place and eliminate the chance of an out of balance wheel.

May turn out that the universal joints in the tailshaft are gone.....theres some type of fluid coupler on the front of the tsilshaft thats problematic too....

5. Default

Alright, thanks for that guys
    I opened up the whole rear suspension assy and the rear diff mounts were broken so I replaced them with brand new ones
    Put everything back and the vibration is still there lol
    Next thing I should check is the driveshaft right?

Blog Entries

Yes, driveshaft, boots, etc. One common test to confirm it is actually the rear drive assembly is to put the handbrake up one notch - just until the handbrake light comes on on the dash, but not so far that the brake actually engages. Is the vibration still there when driving like this?

Blog Entries

Could possibly be wheel bearings? I would have expected the replacement diff mounts to make a difference at least....