User Tag List

Thread: New member 1st MPS

1. Default New member 1st MPS

Hi All!

So I got my very first MPS (2008 BK) 2 months ago. Very happy with the car fun to drive At the moment thinking of upgrading to short shifter. Any recommendations and where to get the kit? Also interested with 2nd hand if someone's selling them. Thanks 😎

Blog Entries

There's a few options for short shifters. Simplest is a shift plate which shortens the throw. I've had one for some time and enjoyed it - the changed geometry does add a little effort to the shift action, or at least mine did, but the firm mechanical snick-snick is quite good. There's a few shift plates on the market.

The whole hog - so to speak - is a whole shifter kit. Should provide a more refined shift feel - haven't tried one myself. Much more expensive....

Blog Entries

And welcome!

4. Default

Any store here in Australia where I can get one?

5. Default

Shifter kit seems a goo choice, only if they are little cheaper.

6. Default

Thanks for the reply guys. Also, anyone here can help with checking my data logs? Total newbie here especially with AP. Please see attached file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Hi there. I'm not an expert at analysing these things, but the #1 thing standing out to me is the LTFT at -16%.
    Based on that I'd recommend getting someone who really knows what they are looking at to analyse it.
    For comparison on my BL I generally see -2% to -9% depending on conditions. The only time I've seen >0.00% - i.e. positive was driving in >45deg celcius ambient temps. That norm is from a Cobb stage 1 tune with conservative mods.

Is the car tuned?
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Blog Entries

The good news from that log is there's not much knock retard to speak of. The -16% LTFT seems a lot of fuel to be pulling out of the tune,
    I see just a little bit more knock retard than you've logged there. There shouldn't be any at WOT though and if I've read that properly, where you've got the throttle plate at 85% (I don't think the throttle plate ever goes 100%) there's no knock.

So seems to pass with my limited ability to analyse with just a question mark over the suprisingly high negative fuel trim.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Blog Entries

It occurs to me that my expectation on -2 to -9% is based on a 98 octane tune burning 98 octane. I imagine a 95 octane tune burning 98 octane fuel might see the LTFT come down a bit further. Someone with more detailed knowledge of the ECU programming might be able to confirm that.