User Tag List

Thread: Need Help Increasing Idle

1. Default Need Help Increasing Idle

Hi All,

I need help (first post so if im the wrong section sorry!) i just flashed stratified stage 2 map on after doing the dump pipe etc. i have the normal white smoke issue which is now worse since i took out the second cat and i need the map adjusted to 1200 rpm (smoke disappears) is there anyone here that can do that? (im trying to avoid paying COBB their stupid fee to download the tuner software). or am i gonna have to hit up stratified?

Any help would be appreciated

Kindest Regards,
    Mike

Hey Mike, welcome and sorry to hear about the issue man....
    I cant comment on the ap options for raising idle revs, but you may want to consider the oil pressure restriction bolt made for this issue as well as the idle speed...
    There is generally at least 1 avail on abay with a 1mm hole.....there is a current listing....I just checked.....
    Search 'mps 1mm' on ebay.

If you have an Access port 3 and the latest firmware you can adjust idle during the process of flashing the map in advance options
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apidle.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	17872

Quote Originally Posted by MAllison View Post
    Hi All,

I need help (first post so if im the wrong section sorry!) i just flashed stratified stage 2 map on after doing the dump pipe etc. i have the normal white smoke issue which is now worse since i took out the second cat and i need the map adjusted to 1200 rpm (smoke disappears) is there anyone here that can do that? (im trying to avoid paying COBB their stupid fee to download the tuner software). or am i gonna have to hit up stratified?

Any help would be appreciated

Kindest Regards,
    Mike
    the map will be locked by stratified, you'd have to hit them up if @shaneski 's suggestion doesn't work...
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    If you have an Access port 3 and the latest firmware you can adjust idle during the process of flashing the map in advance options

try this^
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post

I don't have a V3 I have the original gangster addition. So I'm super limited in what I can do.

Dog,

I'll get one of those is there something on here about installing the Sucker?

Thanks guys!

7. Default

Even if locked by your tuner, you CAN still adjust FFS, LC, and RPM.

ive done it with Strat and Rayd locked maps

8. Default

Curious with what process you got with. Good to hear it can still be adjusted even locked by the tuner.