User Tag List

Thread: What's new in OZ

1. Default What's new in OZ

The forum seems kind of quiet. What sort of projects are you working on? Let us know what we can do to help you make tuning your Mazda easier and more effective.

We are committed to making Mazdas better.

Thanks,

Steve

Blog Entries

Long term I'm thinking of beefing up my BK and prepping it for Targa TAS in non-competition and still street focused as it's still a workhorse for me. My BL I'm not doing a great deal with because $. The BK has recently had a BL engine and gearbos installed after racking up 260,000K and reaching a wear level where it was drinking too much oil. I am a bit concerned there's gunk in the IC and intending to see about cleaning that out next service. I imagine some kind of degrease flush would be the go. There was a good deal of oil in the intake when the engine was swapped.

For the BL I'd like a tune that handles the SWAS issue properly whereas that's not a prob for the BK so one possible path for me would be to roll back the HT tune of the BK, replace it with Cobb tuned and try versa out on the BL (which does handle the SWAS throttle / fueling properly yes?)

Mine aren't especially hardcore, I'm sure there's some members out there going for much more than I am. A GTX2867 is on the cards for the BK when $ permit....
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

3. Default

We address SWAS limits on all 2.3 DISI Turbo platforms. We also exposed all of the tables that fix the shift stutter. I have put almost 100k km on my 2011 BL and over 200k km on my Speed6 / 6mps. After 10 years, they're still making me grin every day - no SWAS or shift stutter

Considering a switch to VT when I finally replace my long suffering KO4. I'm currently building an android - based had unit and would love to have the option to monitor, log and flash tunes via android phones/tablets. No idea if it's possible (using a usb OTG cable or something like that?), but it would make ditching the Cobb AP that much easier.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for interacting with the forum directly @Steve VersaTune , very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve VersaTune View Post
    The forum seems kind of quiet. What sort of projects are you working on? Let us know what we can do to help you make tuning your Mazda easier and more effective.

We are committed to making Mazdas better.

Thanks,

Steve
    I know of a few builds going on... and @Reedy might be interested in the SWAS delete, but he's overseas atm, have to wait for him to come back.

The biggest issue is too many people moving to FB, and a bunch of associated issues that have sprung up from that. Also, a lot of "old timers" (myself included) have either moved on from the platform, or life's just getting hectic

but, very keen to watch progress on VT
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Ecutek does swas delete just fine. I am all in on their software now. It's POS access port thats generally shit.

I've been looking to switch to versa when i build my motor.
    At the moment im freektuned on a stock block with precision 5858.

megaspool, 4.0 load and 8000rpm is something thats swaying me towards the switch and the possibilty of rolling anti-lag!

I thought i read something on MSF where you might be integrating aux fuelling which would be awesome - ive ordered a 16w intake manifold for the PI setup
    Last edited by TRBLSM; 17-04-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Currently working on a non-performance project, tuning/modification is done for a little while