User Tag List

Thread: Hypertech Max Energy Sport

Default Hypertech Max Energy Sport and Dashawk

Hi all, just looking for one of these as an interim tune option until further funds are aquired to get more serious...
    Sheesh, being a daily I may just settle with the Hyper.... time will tell.
    Also wanting a Dashawk.....
    If anyone has one to move, pls pm me.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Dog; 26-12-2016 at 12:03 PM.

2. Default

Hi Dog

Id say save and go for used Accessport 2 which you can get for $350, and get a stratified flash tune for $50usd, very impressive. Its what I have.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by kasparov View Post
    Hi Dog

Id say save and go for used Accessport 2 which you can get for $350, and get a stratified flash tune for $50usd, very impressive. Its what I have.

Max
    Thanks Max. I know theyre WAAAAAY more versatile, and much better for monitoring the critical stuff.
    However, its likely to be arnd tax time before I get to drop more dollars on the beast, and if its the right price, I should get my dollars back on it no probs.
    Its a basic and fairly safe way to get the increase that I can safely run.
    Im also low on cash this time of year being a tradie and no work for a few weeks.....
    BTW the last AP I saw for those dollars had not been unmarried and the license agreement was $300 USD!!!
    If anyone has an AP unmarried for those dollars, Id consider it but the missus will be dark on me for a bit !

4. Default

Just put WANTED: accessport for $300.

I sold mine for $250 last year, and then paid 350 to get another one. You can find them.just need to be patient.

And a great flash tune much better than the ots maps on the ap you can get from stratified. You need to download the accessport manager and they will send you a map foe 50usd, just send it to the manager, attach your ap to computer or macbook and load it onto the ap theb flash it to your car via ap. Very easy! If you have no mods it will be a stage 1 tune.

Max

At this point Id still prefer the hypertech. Plug and play and no temptation to fiddle.
    When I have more dollars to play with Ill get a custom tune, but Ill be looking for a hpfp etc to make the most of the stock ko4 before getting more serious.

6. Default

Fair enough...what do hypertechs go for? What temptation to fiddle? Its just loading either pre existing cobb maps from the AP or ones purchased from a tuner.

Custom tune would be good, tried through Rayd but had to do a cobb course first and it ended up being too complicated so just went stratified route.

I went cobb intake, hpfp, and flash tune that should be good for 280whp or more. Car feels really good.

Good luck with the hypertech, was also going to go that way few years ago but chose AP for some reason and havent looked back.

Ill just say that if I had to pay $550AU for a hypertech Id never do it.
    Unfortunately I just missed one on ebay that was in nsw for $200.
    I noticed the last one on here was advertised for $190.
    And I would be way too tempted to fool around on the ap and Id probably get it tuned at hpf here in vic to get one better than an ap or stratified tune. Just wanted a cheap option for the short term......

8. Default

Ok fair enough mate, the AP would only be $150 more and the guys at stratified are engineers so full pro maps, and to get them to look at your logs after flash tune its just another $50usd for any extra improvement, which represents excellent value compared to anyone else in Oz I think. Stratified tune is much much better than the AP tune, its really smooth and powerful, so quite happy.

If you can find a hyper under $200 go for it.

If you look around, it seems the going rate for Hypertech's is $200, no more no less. Worth it for the basic mods and code reader.

Got one peeps. Good to go, just a couple of q's ill ask in another thread.....

11. Default

if anyone is lurking around this i have a hypertech max energy that i am looking to sell. $200 including postage to anywhere in australia. Will post in buy and sell when have enough posts

12. Default

if anyone is lurking around this i have a hypertech max energy that i am looking to sell. $200 including postage to anywhere in australia. Will post in buy and sell when have enough posts