User Tag List

Thread: next stage modification time! suggestions please :)

Default next stage modification time! suggestions please :)

Hi Guys,

last time we did this go around my turbo had gone pop. the end result is in my sig - 3" intake/tip, gtx2867, 3" split dump, 3-port EBCS.

then my clutch decided it didn't want to play merry-go-round anymore. so my engine is about be to out of the engine bay, while I fit an NPC heavy duty clutch with lightweight flywheel single mass conversion.

I also have a 3.25" CPe TMIC on the way, as well as a GFB respons and kozmic VTA catch can. Also one step colder plugs.

What else should I do while the engine is out? timing chain kit? PCV perm plate? other stuff I haven't even thought of? I'm done with power mods, but very open to supporting/maintenance mods

thanks guys!
    2XS 3" intake | 3 Bar MAP Sensor | GTX2867r | 2XS 3" twin dump pipe | 3 port Grimmspeed EBCS | Cobb AP V2 | Purple Drank Tuned

They're both pretty viable mods, I'm assuming you have an HPFP of course. Engine mounts would be easy and a good idea. Diff mounts and suspension if you wanted to keep going :P

Hadn't thought of engine mounts. REM would be a great idea while its out. Suspension is planned but won't have the funds for this one. HPFP got done last time - just forgot to post it ��

I would at least check the chain while the engine is out and see how much travel is left to go on the tensioner, this will give you a clue how much life is left.
    I changed my chain two weeks ago and it took me a about 22 hours spread over 3 days so its easier with the engine out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Hadn't thought of engine mounts. REM would be a great idea while its out. Suspension is planned but won't have the funds for this one. HPFP got done last time - just forgot to post it ��
    May not be the case for yourself but my REM wasn't my problem previously (at least not completely). Transmission mount was also stuffed @ 110,000kms