User Tag List

Thread: Buying an MPS6 from QLD

1. Default Buying an MPS6 from QLD

(I'm terrible with titles, sorry)

Hey guys!

I don't actually own an MPS of any sort, but I'm looking to get one and was after a bit of advice. I'm eyeing an MPS6 that's being sold in QLD (around Brisbane) but I live in NSW. The car is only available for inspection after the 4th of December but I need to pack half a workshop into the back of a truck on the 5th and 6th, leave for Melbourne on the 7th, and I won't be back until the 14th. I've looked at the RACQ website (the equivalent of NRMA?) and they say that they'll also check for cosmetic damages.

Have people used this service before? Or does anyone know anyone who'd be willing to check the car out?
    I would like to fly up there to see the car if it's not gone by the time I'm back from Melbourne, but I'm also pretty keen to own an MPS and don't want lose the sale to someone else. Most of the other MPS6's are out of my budget, and there aren't that many to begin with anyway.

Hey mate, get onto mps torque or mps club Australia fb pages and you may find a few more options/ someone who'll help you out. Someone here may be able to assist but you'll find more people check fb before here.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome btw and good luck with your search 😀

4. Default

Cheers for that. I'll have a look at the pages.

Also try the experienced mps owners facebook page and ask for 2xs racing, they are based in brisbane so may be able to provide some advice/help/recommendations etc.

Good choice of mps by the way

6. Default

I'll have a look into that too. Thanks for the suggestion.

And one of the reasons I chose the MPS was because I like not dealing with Highway Patrol too often, especially around where I live. Not that I drive like a maniac .

Don't be surprised if you don't get accepted by the experienced mps owners page. A lot of the time they won't allow people unless they've already got an mps...

Didn't realise that, if it doesnt work try contact the 2xs racing page then

Quote Originally Posted by MPS00M View Post
    Don't be surprised if you don't get accepted by the experienced mps owners page. A lot of the time they won't allow people unless they've already got an mps...

Sorry for the hijack......they wont accept me even with a referral from a mate......guess im too much of a newbie. Maybe the admin are on here?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS00M View Post

Really? I just accept 90% of people... Unless the amount was created very recently and has a small amount of friends... Or some weird account from overseas
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Sorry for the hijack......they wont accept me even with a referral from a mate......guess im too much of a newbie. Maybe the admin are on here?
    Yup
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

11. Default

Haha I couldn't even find that facebook page. Bad at facebook too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dip View Post
    Haha I couldn't even find that facebook page. Bad at facebook too.
    Punch in '2xs racing' and Troy is his name...