User Tag List

Thread: The guys at the shop replaced my busted turbo with a K0422-582R

1. Default The guys at the shop replaced my busted turbo with a K0422-582R

Just came back from the shop after my 07' MPS's turbo literally shat itself.

The guys at MTQ Engines down at Wetherill Park said they fit a stock replacement. However, I noticed that on the receipt the part number said K0422-582R. Some initial googling suggests that this turbo is from a CX-7 and is infact a downgrade from the K0422-882/881.

Is this correct? Will I be making less power? Should I take it back?

Yes, you're correct. I'd be a very unhappy chappy as I can only imagine you are. They've put the incorrect turbo on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...d.php?t=161192

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Faaaaark. Theyre gonna be just as pissed since id bet my knackers they got a C/O unit from a turbo shop.
    Their labour just went down the drain!

Yup, that's bad...

6. Default

Well shit...

I've sent them an email about it and hopefully we can get it resolved with minimal issues, suggesting I pay the difference for a slight upgrade, maybe to a BNR- S1.

I'm pissed off, but that's not helping anyone if I go around throwing a temper tantrum.

7. Default

Just got an email from MTQ, sending a heartfelt apology and offering to replace the CX-7 turbo with the proper one, so no dramas there.

My biggest worry was that I was going to get an email from them saying "yea nah you don't know what you're talking about **** off", but thankfully the issue's been resolved.

Good result

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Kudos for them resolving it. You could have got stonewalled but they did the right thing.