User Tag List

Thread: Turbo replacement problems

1. Unhappy Turbo replacement problems

Hey guys, Just dropped my MPS6 in to my mechanic (the usual place I go to) for a BNR stage 1 turbo replacement (smoking turbo problem),

firstly they have taken 3 weeks to get the turbo, they said it would take 3-5 working days (I've been patient about that)

They now have had the car for 2 days and the job still isn't done, they are saying they've been working on the car for about 10+ hours now. Apparently a O2 sensor went during the replacement as well

Just wanted to get wanted a second opinion, is something 'funny' is going on?

Probably not, turbo replacement isn't the easiest job even for those that know what they're doing...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Default

Just wanted to make sure, thanks for the super quick reply!!

10 hours is about right... I know @MPS2NV can do it in about that, possibly less if all goes smoothly

The o2 sensors I have also heard do tend to have issues removing from the dump pipe

6. Default

O2 sensor in the DP was a big problem

Okay got the car back with the BNR s2 (LOVING THE SOUND), now definitely need a retune (accessport V3) Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mps93 View Post
    O2 sensor in the DP was a big problem

Okay got the car back with the BNR s2 (LOVING THE SOUND), now definitely need a retune (accessport V3) Any ideas?
    Hello 93,

Yes, get an accessport quick smart then use an ots tune whilst you get someone like PD tuning to do a tune for you.

I'd get onto it pdq as it can lead to lean conditions real quick. I wouldn't be to tempted to give it a boot full until you get a proper tune for it.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk