User Tag List

Thread: Question regarding my MPS gen 1 rear bar

1. Default Question regarding my MPS gen 1 rear bar

hey guys,

so i got rear ended a while ago, and recently got my car back from the panel beaters.

Can someone please tell me whether they used a normal mazda 3 rear bar instead of the MPS?

i've done some googling, and im 99% sure it's a mazda 3 bar, but I wanted to get a second opinion before i go rage at the guy.

I'm just not sure whether the MPS gen 1 has some sort of alternate rear bar that i've never seen before.

panel beater guy says it's 100% the same bar as mine, which is completely bullshit.

ORIGINAL: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    AFTER:Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Any tips on how to proceed from here?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry for the completely noob question.
    Last edited by Sniffme; 27-09-2016 at 05:50 PM.

The MPS has that webbing mesh and lip down the bottom like you're before pic. You can pretty much see the panel beater has modded the new bar for the exhaust pipe to fit. Looks like they used an SP23 bar
    There is no alternate bars, if it was done through insurance, contact the insurance company and provide the pics.
    Last edited by shaneski; 27-09-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Looks wrong to me too

Definitely contact insurance company and get it sorted

4. Default

You'll also find that the MPS bar doesn't protrude as much as the SP bar. Look from the side, it'll look like it sticks out just *that* much more.

I think the pictures pretty much sum things up.

FYI theres a red one avail on gumtree atm for $250....

definitely not mps part used sort it out with your insurance company if you used them.