User Tag List

Thread: Anyone able to post a guide to reconnect a turbo inlet hose ?

1. Default Anyone able to post a guide to reconnect a turbo inlet hose ?

Has anyone done this before ? Ive had turbo issues just after i bought the car and finally found out what the problem is, the turbo inlet hose has come off and the clamp isnt on tight so i got a big leak and need to reconnect it.

But dont have the confidence to do it myself and was wondering does anyone know any guides around with pics on step by step or a video would be even better

where abouts you from? might be a member nearby who can help?

but if you head over to corksport and look for their turbo inlet pipe there is instructions on the site which could help you

Is the hose totally off or just loose? For best access, i normally take off the ecu, battery and intake. Easy job but just takes time if u never done it before.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

+1 to corksport instructions, they tell you exactly what you need and give good pictures.

From memory a basic socket set is all that's needed...

5. Default

I ended up getting a mobile mechanic i know to come over and do it. Its a fairly big job as he had to take the battery case out, battery, ecu plugs, and the airbox to be able to take the inlet hose out.

He took it out and the rubber connection piece that the clamp goes on, is really soft and when the clip tightens it expands so lets air out. So i have to order a new one from mazda on Monday. Sucks got it all off and was thinking would be fixed, but couldnt, so it went back together until i get a new one

Hey Johnny,

If you've got the tools listed in this video, you won't have any problems doing it yourself.

It's not difficult, just take your time and enjoy the experience. You'll be happier for doing it yourself.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/SnknYL2ATag

Between this one and the corksport vid mentioned by @SarcasticOne 's posts you get a pretty good idea of what's required. Be gentle with bpv gasket and pulling hose off ebc and you'll be ok

@JohnnyMPS I bet it would be cheaper to upgrade to an aftermarket Sri than buy a new hose from Mazda.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

10. Default

Lol i hope not man

11. Default

Anyone tried this inlet before or know of anyone that has ? Looks as close to stock as possible but better air flow.

SURE Bigmouth Turbo Inlet Pipe for 2" Turbo

I went to mazda to chase that part and they dont sell that little part by it self, got to buy the whole inlet hose, what a joke.

There are many aftermarket tih available. Check out Edge Motorsports as they have a decent range. Be careful about what size you buy as moving from 'stock' sized intakes to even a 3in requires tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMPS View Post
    Anyone tried this inlet before or know of anyone that has ? Looks as close to stock as possible but better air flow.

SURE Bigmouth Turbo Inlet Pipe for 2" Turbo

I went to mazda to chase that part and they dont sell that little part by it self, got to buy the whole inlet hose, what a joke.
    Don't buy SURE products (do a quick google and you will see why). Plenty of good brands - jbr, cpe, corksport to name a few. If you don't want to ship it, try 2xs in Brisbane. His recent stuff looks awesome-look on facebook.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Thanks @Lachlan making aware of the Cobb TIP I have for sale.

JohnnyMPS if you are in Brisbane, I can help out installing the hose. Like everyone has said, it's a pretty straight forward job, just takes time

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    Thanks @Lachlan making aware of the Cobb TIP I have for sale.

JohnnyMPS if you are in Brisbane, I can help out installing the hose. Like everyone has said, it's a pretty straight forward job, just takes time
    Got a pic of the pipe and how much is it. Yes im on the Southside near springwood Ikea

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMPS View Post
    Got a pic of the pipe and how much is it. Yes im on the Southside near springwood Ikea
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-pipe-tip.html