User Tag List

Thread: mazda 6 mps tramlining steering issues

1. Default mazda 6 mps tramlining steering issues

hi all

has anyone had this issue with a mps 6

on straight clean roads drives fine

on roads where there are cracks, lines anything that makes the surface uneaven.

the mps turns into them have to fight it with the steering wheel

any ideas ??

Do you have aftermarket wheels? It sounds a bit like the offset isn't within limits.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Default

it has stock rims on 225 40 18 an stock ride height have done 2 wheel alignments so far both said it was ok. tires maybe ?

As you're running stock wheels/suspension, I think that's definitely a possibility. Some tyres are worse than others for tramlining. My dunlop RTs are a little prone to it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did you get printouts of the alignments? Toe out will cause this. Unlikely to be the case, but the factory speck are super wide. Try rotating tyres and see if it changes?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6. Default

yip i did, he highlighted the passenger caster said it was out a little im going to try some new tyres this weekend see if that helps

7. Default

So after I tried 3 different tires I got fed up jacked up the car it turns out the the driver rack end rod is making loud clicking noise so obviously needs replacing hopefully that would solve it

I've noticed this on my car after I upgraded to RX8 rims running 245/40/18s. In my case I would guess that maybe the change in offset could be part of the issue, I also know my tie rods are wearing and so maybe it's play in the steering causing my issue, maybe it is for you too, check all your ball joints and tie rods for wear.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    hi all

has anyone had this issue with a mps 6

on straight clean roads drives fine

on roads where there are cracks, lines anything that makes the surface uneaven.

the mps turns into them have to fight it with the steering wheel

any ideas ??
    is the castor that is the problem ...buy a kit from fulcrum...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Did you get printouts of the alignments? Toe out will cause this. Unlikely to be the case, but the factory speck are super wide. Try rotating tyres and see if it changes?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Cheers,,,
    Josh

10. Default

Any updates mate?
    Ive given up on mine...

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk