User Tag List

Thread: CEL P2246 - Help!

1. Default CEL P2246 - Help!

Hey guys,

New to the mps scene.

Recently installed a Cpe dumppipe (with cat) and autotech hpfp internals into my 2011 MS3.

I had to replace both o2 sensors during install of the dump. Im currently running a Cobb stage 2 OTS.

I now have a P2246 ''front HO2S sensor reference voltage circuit high input' which continues to re-appear after clearing...

Car seems to run fine... Any help, suggestions or anyone who can fix it would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by slice90; 02-08-2016 at 09:50 PM.

custom tune!! from purple drank,freektune etc

3. Default

I contacted Ryan from PD, told me id have to resolve the CEL before a tune..... i was hoping a custom tune would fix it

Wiring looks fine, sensor is new also....

Oem sensor?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

5. Default

I didnt use oem sensors....

The secondary sensor didnt throw a cel (which i hear is more common due to the increased flow) so i'd assume the primary is also okay......

Is using an oem sensor mandatory?

No idea, but this thread suggests there can be problems with some non-oem ones http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/diagn...-downpipe.html

Doesn't look like a common cel (yeah, 2nd o2 cels are super common). Since its pre-cat, it sounds like an actual problem with the sensor than with the downpipe. All the trouble shooting I can see is about checking wiring of the sensor (e.g. https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/...2b7813300.html) and since they were replaced, that is where I would start.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

7. Default

UPDATE: cel fixed. Swapped aftermarket primary 02 sensor with an OEM sensor. Code cleared. Thanks for your help guys!