User Tag List

Thread: Engine Temp Question

1. Default Engine Temp Question

Hey guys,

I have recently become the proud owner of a MS6. its in pristine condition with only 89,000kms on the clock. It has a few mods, including aftermarket top mount, CP-e CAI, and a few other bits. One thing it is also running, is one step colder spark plugs.

After owning it for a few days i have a few questions that hopefully you can help me with.
    - The car seems to take forever to "warm up", this is going by the temperature gauge on the car. On my 25 minute commute to work, the needle sometimes sits just under half way.
    - Once warmed up, the needle will sit just under half way for ages when I'm cruising, when I hit boost it moves to the middle and stays there for a bit, then drops to the same sort of position after a while.

just wondering if this is normal, any help would be appreciated
    cheers
    Mark.

Thermostat, common problem.

3. Default

Is this an easy/cheap fix? did the same thing today, was warm then dropped to near cold then back up, should i be worried :/

thermo would cost $100 ish and install would be about $50-150 depending on your mechanic, free if you do it with mates etc but Probably goto a mechanic