User Tag List

Thread: QUeenslanders in need of serious help!!!!bottom end gone

Unhappy QUeenslanders in need of serious help!!!!bottom end gone

Hey guys,
    3 weeks ago i hit a kangaroo in my 3MPS whole front end Was under the car dents at the fuel cap exhaust snapped and other crap, put it this way wasn't happy at all as its my pride and joy. On the 1st of June my partner and newborn were released from Toowoomba hospital and my old man checked everything over while I picked them up he said he added oil and coolant... After I hit the roo the car sat in my shed for a week then I took it to the repairer who is behind my house they had it for 2 weeks and when I got the call to pick it up (after hours) couldn't be happier now that was 18th July when I drove out I heard a slight knock kept an ear out for it as they were closed on the Sunday Monday morning got onto them and the machanic wasn't back till Wednesday. I work an hour and a half from home I drove to work Monday and Tuesday noise was the same Monday but as for Tuesday I pulled up at an intersection on the highway and when I went to take off it was that loud I couldn't hear engine or stereo, no boost what so ever I pulled over and tried to find what it was had no luck it was near midnight and Warwick tow company is usually hard to get hold of so I drove home slowly now more than 80km. Wednesday come (yesterday) and the machanic came and had a look reckons there's no fu$&in oil mate now I've grown up around v8s and always look after it coz I don't want dads 13 in my ass. When I got the car back I checked it and it was fine so how can it oose all that oil I can't afford a new motor as I spent all my saving on my HSV so I could get to work wich in the end the gearbox shit itself. I have gone through the car and notice things dodgy and not screwed on properly screws missing hoses not on properly exhaust not in rubbers and more I have 2 pages of things I've notice wether they are relevant or not I've noticed them. Would I be covered by insurance as I am going to fight it? I have a very noticeable MPS 3 it's a head turner get pulled over a lot and the police notice if it's a little dirty or a somthing diff about it in a small country town as well I was thinking of rebuilding it without breaking the bank as due to the accident and the HSV gearbox I'm out of work have been for 7weeks now and I'm not getting paid might even lose my job. If I lose the fight with insurance should I rebuild or just get a new motor? I've seen them for about $4500 on eBay... I don't get how it can lose so much oil, check oil every 2-3 weeks never flog it car ran perfect befor the repairers got it had it for 3days and c$@ts f?&ked..... Sorry for the essay but had to explain it. The 2 holdens are the old mans HG premier Sedan 406 striker, HG Belmont ute original big can and carbi and there is a HG panelvan being built at the moment so as you can see what I deal with if somthing isn't done right....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	17770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	17771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	152 
Size:	259.9 KB 
ID:	17772  

Sadly, I think you'll be hard pressed to prove it's them but I'm not sure how it all works

Holy wall of text! Congrats on the baby. I guess you need to figure out what actually caused the problem before you can point blame.

Why did your dad need to add oil - was the oil pan smashed in the accident? What actual repairs did the mechanic do? Anything relating to oil? Is there any evidence of oil leaks post-repair?

Was the repair done through insurance to start with? If it's something the mechanic screwed up you can try to get them to fix it or contact the insurance company and claim that the repairs weren't completed and car is still broken as a result of the crash- keep the claim open.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Nah there was I tiny leak but nothing to worry about dad was just topping it up you know what parents are like wen it come to the kids and grandchildren and that was done befor the accident, the roo was hit 2weeks later. Well my mate that works at wippels Mazda in Toowoomba said the the engine could have cooked itself and no1 knew coz when I looked at my coolant noticed it was running low and it was full prior car didn't over heat but I was only 10min or les from home, but the thermo fans never turned on once I pulled in the shed wich was weird I can drive to IGA and back wich would be 5min away and they turn on when I get home. In the four days I had it after repair not once did they turn on and when I looked at it there's screws missing from the power source and I can actually hold the radiator and move it front to back, left to right..

The ms ran perfect befor they got it and before the roo wanted to come for a ride so why isn't it now. I have told the insurance it's crap and it's not done properly as they are claiming it's nothing to do with the roo when they can't even put simple screws back in place, connect hoses properly, put hoses back in clips and the new exhaust in the rubber mounts. Not to mention adding water to the new pisser box wich needs to be done for a roady, the car needs to be road worthy after a collision so they should be checking everything considering I hit the roo hard enough for it to break the front bumper in nearly 3 and pushed it half way under the car and snapped radiator support clean in half and no airbags went off.

I have 2 pages of things I have noticed and told the insurance yesterday he said we need to get your car going to get it back to the repairer to fix the this I've found. I told him that problem is the car won't go it starts and drives but at what risk needing a new block or hurting myself or my 3kids. I've read this and that where other factors that can contribute but I don't know what to believe. The sump is basically bone dry more like sludge I showed my machanic mates who have done work on it and said and quote "that's never looked like this man"

Wow what a complex situation. Your allegation has to be the car was full of oil before the collision and ended up with no oil as a result of the collision and/or repair.

The oil could have leaked out when the car was not in your possession. At the salvage yard or repairers.

I would be looking for any evidence of damage and/or repair to the sump, the oil filter, the hoses to the filter block, the dipstick.

Document everything and good luck with getting sorted.