User Tag List

Thread: Trade in prices for Gen 1's?

1. Default Trade in prices for Gen 1's?

Hey everyone,

Was wondering before I call around what I should be expecting for trade in.

It's a clean, 2006 Mazda 3 MPS Sports with full service, all stock and has 152,000km on it.

Brand new clutch, colour is that 'gray/blue'. What would I be expecting? The car sales ad is here if photos help in your valuation.

2006 Mazda 3 MPS Sports Manual

I'd say you'll be lucky to get 10k...
    Think @Jmac traded his in a few years back and got 8-9k for it with less km

3. Default

Yeah, I'm happy to settle with $9,000 but that seems unlikely considering most are offering me 6-7k.

4. Default

Sadly, 10 year old car, even if cared for daily to the top degree, won't get much more than what has been offered here.

Most people know that mods mean nothing on sale price. People just see "10 year old car" and start to steer clear.
    Hence why I'm holding onto mine, might do it up one day (spray and panels, interior refresh, etc).

Best of luck with the sale/trade!

Blog Entries

Yeah I've elected to hold onto my BK for now. BL has become my daily while I recondition the BK, and I might make an engineering project of it. I didn't feel the trade or quick sale prices were worth letting it go. I think if I sell it, it'll be to someone who appreciates it in the spec it's in, without removing all mods, and wants all the spare bits with it - OEM parts, wheels, spare tyres, etc. If it goes, it has to go to a good home
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

My 2005 build MPS6 has under 60,000 on it and is in very good condition. No mods and still has the original brake pads and rotors.
    Was offered $8K as a trade in by a dealer and I laughed all the way out of there.
    Think I will keep it, unless someone made me a reasonable offer.