User Tag List

Thread: Cheapest place to buy parts from ?

1. Default Cheapest place to buy parts from ?

Hey guys, i was just wondering where the cheapest place to buy factory parts for our car ? I used to own an Astra turbo and because that car was made in the UK and rebadged here, it was cheaper to buy the parts in the UK.

Anyone know any cheaper places here, or is Mazda my only choice ?

http://edgeautosport.com

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. Default

I only want factory parts man, those parts definitely arent cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMPS View Post
    I only want factory parts man, those parts definitely arent cheap.
    depends what you're after/how much...

Online Mazda Parts has some of them, or you can order locally... but when a stock bpv from mazda australia will set you back ~$400, don't expect miracles... oem parts are horrifically expensive
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

What parts? Edge stock things like factory gaskets, o'rings etc. The kind of stuff you usually need to replace.

6. Default

Well i wanted to see how much front disc brakes would cost and pads. I dont want to spend anymore then i have too. But mazda said they needed replacing at the next service, but knowing a factory dealer it would cost heaps from them. I thought maybe there would be somewhere else to buy cheaper original parts.

But i guess most dont buy factory parts, but upgraded parts?

Also the silver plastic trim inside the car where you pull your door closed from the inside is rubbing off , mazda wants to charge $75 for a plastic trim. Would just be nice if there was another place to get any stock part for the mps besides mazda.

Maybe because mazda s are made in Japan, it would probably be very hard to order parts from there.

Try brakes direct for anything brakes. Stock brakes are insanely overpriced-you can get similar or better aftermarket (like DBA) for much cheaper. Trim- wreckers/ebay? Or do what I did and vinyl wrap them.

Also gslrallysport for brakes
    Edit: just realised, same company!

Yep. I think they actually moved all their brakes to BD and gsl do everything else. Or something like that

10. Default

You'll find a few factory parts from ebay USA under mazdaspeed 3/6. Price is good too. I was lucky to have bought heaps of parts when our dollar was high. The best buy was a timing chain combo with a gen 2 VVT actuator. I still have the actuator, still new since I installed a DCR item. Just be careful how much you spend. Customs will charge you.