User Tag List

Thread: Where do you service your car ?

1. Default Where do you service your car ?

Hey, guys, just wondering where most of you go to get your car serviced since most MPS's now are out of warranty, would you still go to Mazda or somewhere else ?

I'm going to get mine serviced next week and was going to take it to Mazda but thinking i should try somewhere else as im wanting to buy some good quality oil like Penrite racing 10.

Who do you use and any of you from Brisbane that dont get it done by Mazda, who else do you use?

2. Default

Mine never saw a mechanic since i bought it. Deppends on your mechanical knowledge, this car is very easy to maintain. All you need are tools.

The most technical ive done is timing chain and vvt cog. Even that is easy. Parts are cheaper when you buy it from usa.

oil, i use nulon 5/40 full synthetic E85 compatible. It helps in minimizing the carbon build up on the cdfp when running
    e 85.

3. Default

Hey Mark I like Nulon and normally use it but a few on here seem to recommend penrite racing 10. I was going to buy 10w40, to be safe even though on my engine bay it says 5w30, but they lived in Newcastle and im in Brisbane.

But yeah my mechanical knowledge isnt that good and could probably do a oil flush and thats about it

4. Default

Had a Nissan bluebird atessa for 12 years. Had my MPS for 3. What Ive learnt from turbo engines is, its not the quality of oil (as long as the viscosity is good), its how often you change the oil I change mine every 3000 kms or 2 months which ever comes first.
    The best oil penrite makes is there diesel oil 5/40. It has higher zinc content and better detergent rating meaning it will clean those tiny oil holes on your engine better.
    Diesel engines rely so much on the oil they use.