User Tag List

Thread: New MPS owner and have some questions for the veteran owners of this car

1. Default New MPS owner and have some questions for the veteran owners of this car

Just picked up my my 2010mps luxuary yesterday from Newcastle and drove it home to Brisbane last night. I was wondering a few things :

Where is the temp guage in this car to see if the car is getting hot ?

My car is due for a 65k service and know a normal service place wont put good oil in so was going to buy it myself. Do most people use or recommend Penrite Racing 10 (10w40) in their cars as i was reading a old thread on here ?

Has anyone used Pirelli Dragon sport tyres before ? They are a new tyre. I just called a few tyre places and they seem well priced at $204 a tyre and have a 92w and the guy i talked to rates them well.

Anyone know a good way to repair scratched mags as 2 fronts have gutter rash on them ?

Also wanted to add, what does the log book look like as i cant find it with the owners manual and everything else they give you ?

Anyone recently updated their in car maps from the factory system ? Ive seen a few old topics but they date back to 2012 or older.

Any tips yous got for me that you can tell me from experience so i can look after this as best i can ? Maybe by doing certain things or using certain brands of things ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by JohnnyMPS; 28-05-2016 at 12:53 PM.

There is no temp gauge in the Gen 2 MPS, if it overheats a red temp light will come on.

Any of the name brand oils will do the job, (if they ruined engines they wouldn't be in business). The cars running lager turbos on high boost with meth injection etc run the Penrite racing, others on stock engines use it as a follow big brother syndrome

The log book is usually a seperate little book supplied from the dealer seperate to the the large owners manual

Michelin Pilot Sport 3's are proven to do wonders as an all rounder on these cars, reduced road noise, give a comfy ride and great in wet or dry.

if you mean car maps as in the Satnav thing you can get the newest SD card here https://www.navshop.com.au/cars/mazd...card.2010.html which is expensive but most people now just use google maps via phone for free.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

3. Default

Thanks Shaneski, i found the log book and i think im going to go with the Pirelli tyres this time as they are alot cheaper and since im only doing 2 this time. Maybe when im due for a whole set i might go for the Pilot sports. And the maps i think i will just connect my phone for the time being to use google maps through the bluetooth. Can still hear the voice through the speakers which is great.

And the oil, does anyone know if there is much of a difference between 5w30 and 10w40? Its just on my engine bay its got a white pen saying 5w30, so would mean probably to use this right ? But i was reading in the manual it says in colder weather you use lower viscosity oild and in hotter weather you use higher viscosity oils. I know it gets hotter in Qld then NSW which is where the car came from and in my Astra turbo i tried 5w30 and my car used to smoke occasionally and im sure it was from the oil.

So can some owners confirm if using 5w30 will hurt this car and do many use 10w40 , if so is there any difference ?

I would more likely go with the 5 or 10/40w, for Queensland weather and also as the engine is no longer new for a 30w.
    Last edited by shaneski; 30-05-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Castrol Magnatec has always done me fine. As Shaneski said, a 5/40w or even 10/40w will see you fine in qld weather.

Just make sure you change oil every 5k km's and filter and oil every 10k km's. That will keep your little beast under the bonnet nice and happy for a long time.

6. Default

Ok thanks for the replies. It can get so confusing with oils. On my car engine bay it has dxi 5w30. I ring up Mazda and they said if they serviced it they would put 10w30 in it and i was going to put either 5w40 or 10w40. So which ever one i go with it cant hurt my car hey ? I just want to put the one that is right for my car. You would think Mazda would know, surely ?