User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a BEST tune to use ?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Edit: misread! My bad!
    Lol. No worries. So it's VT with ignition cut vs AP with fuel cut?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Lol. No worries. So it's VT with ignition cut vs AP with fuel cut?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, VT has ignition cut
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MARKMPS6 View Post
    With the AP, it is not only the performance, you can also use it as a tool to diagnose what is wrong or something about to go wrong (ZZB). With the 1st and 2nd gear issue, just switch off the DSC no need for an ECU flash.
    I'd prefer to have the 1-2 torque limits raised as the hypertech tune does, without disabling DSC; is that something the Cobb AP can do?
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    I'd prefer to have the 1-2 torque limits raised as the hypertech tune does, without disabling DSC; is that something the Cobb AP can do?
    the in gear limiters and DSC are two very different things... all tunes can remove the gear limiters
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Blog Entries

the in gear limiters and DSC are two very different things... all tunes can remove the gear limiters
    Sweet. Yeah, I figured that would have to be a thing. I've recently ordered one, waiting delivery.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

6. Default

Sweet. Yeah, I figured that would have to be a thing. I've recently ordered one, waiting delivery.
    Which one did you order ? Im going for the Versa Tune.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMPS View Post
    Which one did you order ? Im going for the Versa Tune.
    Cobb AP

I am back running my ECUTEK tune again now and Loving it. I miss the datalogging ability of the AP, but not the tune.

9. Default

With AP, (I don't know anything about VT) you can choose how you base your tune. I moved from boost to load based tune. In load based tune you can actually specify what loads (which will control torque) you ran per gear. Your ECU will control the WGDC depending on the load setting you want to achieve on certain gear and RPM which is very consistent and good because it is self adjusting depending on Temp, air density and so on. If I'm not wrong all OTS maps from COBB are boost based tune.
    Last edited by MARKMPS6; 24-06-2016 at 01:01 PM.

10. Default

I ordered my versatune package the otherday and the software and licence came the next day. I have it already waiting to use but now got to wait for the cable to arrive, what a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMPS View Post
    I ordered my versatune package the otherday and the software and licence came the next day. I have it already waiting to use but now got to wait for the cable to arrive, what a tease.
    nice
    i rather like the VT software! it's got a good UI, and i found it rather straight forward to use

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MARKMPS6 View Post
    With AP, (I don't know anything about VT) you can choose how you base your tune. I moved from boost to load based tune. In load based tune you can actually specify what loads (which will control torque) you ran per gear. Your ECU will control the WGDC depending on the load setting you want to achieve on certain gear and RPM which is very consistent and good because it is self adjusting depending on Temp, air density and so on. If I'm not wrong all OTS maps from COBB are boost based tune.
    Thanks. Sounds like a load based tune would suit me to a T.

I'm modding for real world driving so I'm looking for throttle response and safe gains to low end torque and lag reduction more than maximum possible power at WOT (reliability first). I'm trying the AP on my BL. I also have a BK with a hypertech tune and I was very happy with it's results running stock airbox and filter, turbo inlet, 3.5" ETS TMIC, turbo manifold, stock DP and exhaust. (approx) 210 to 220Kw / 400 to 410Nm. It's waiting on a turbo ATM but event with a worn out turbo it's still kills the BL in performance.

The BL is intended to get much the same - turbo inlet (one piece), CP-E TMIC, turbo manifold - but unlike BK modding airbox/filter and DP as well. I'd run a stock airbox again with a K+N filter, but it's my understanding that the one piece inlet requires a replacement filter/airbox assembly.

So that apparently places me in a "Stage2" category requiring a HP fuel pump as well.

I've received the AP and registered it but am waiting on a CPE Stage2 rear engine mount before I do anything. I've registered it and looked at some stuff on the Cobb site, and from what I gather I possibly need the tuner software as well. I'm a systems engineer and it's still a little opaque to me. I'm obviously a complete noob. Where do I get tunes from? How do I get an e-tune? Is there anyone local who can confidently tune it? I think I need a tutorial for the AP and what it can do.

At this stage I'm imagining that I'll run a Stage 2 tune with 2XS MAF calibration applied to the tune. Or the load based equivalent. But how I get it there is still very vague to me. Is there any BNE AP tuners anyone would recommend?

I'm guessing these are questions better suited to Cobb AP specific thread.

13. Default

nice
    i rather like the VT software! it's got a good UI, and i found it rather straight forward to use
    Great, sounds awesome, thats what i like to hear .

Im going to try the default tunes first and see how they go and later on i might go a custom tune if im not overly happy with the difference it makes.

Hi there,

With VT you Load tune by default. You can rise Load limits to 4 and 3, neuter boost control based on load and after that create a tune just based on boost. Mine is like that except that I'm limiting load per gear to avoid getting my boost cut under low temperatures in winter, so my car is consistent all year around.

Yeah, nothing beats that feature that compare your tune on the fly with another one. It is pretty useful when you are improving or modifying tunes. I use it even when working with my mates an AP, I tune in VT and copy and paste in ATR. :-D

Thanks. Sounds like a load based tune would suit me to a T.
    My suggestion is to go for hybrid tune. It's boost tune with load limits.

I'm modding for real world driving so I'm looking for throttle response and safe gains to low end torque and lag reduction more than maximum possible power at WOT (reliability first).
    My suggestion here is to go for VersaTuner DBW throttle and VVT tables and keep APP Translation tables standard like the ones in stage 0. It will be quite easy to drive in the town and you will have enough low end torque.

So that apparently places me in a "Stage2" category requiring a HP fuel pump as well.
    With a Gen1 you could be OK not replacing the HPFP but you can tune around it. First of all, don't modify HPFP Control Tables compared to stage 1 and don't go further from 17 psi boost request, try to keep your AFR to 11.5:1 up top and your fuel pump shouldn't suffer any kind of issue.
    '07 6 MPS | BNR S3 | CS 3" Intake | CS 3" TMIC | CS HF DP | SURE REM, Diff Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ralco Shortcut | SURE Countershift & Anchors | NGK +1 colder | EGR Off | CP-e Inj Seals | Eibach Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | RX8 18x8 | Front & Rear strut braces

227 kW at the wheels & 466 Nm on crappy SP 98 RON

Blog Entries

How much of a problem is this?
    COBB Tuning – Accesstuner Updates : Where did ATR Go!?

With ATR apparently being unavailable, all of I sudden I feel like I've got an AP I've registered but not installed and I'm not sure I can achieve what I want from it (a) In a month, two months, three months, when exactly? (b) without spending more money that I wasn't expecting.

Heh glad I got rid of my AP when I could.

Yep. It's pretty shit. Paid training to use a product. VT and ecutek will get more business I guess @Nexus were you planning on an etune or diy? If the former then it shouldn't make much difference, if the later then you are SOL I'm afraid did you buy it new or second hand?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

20. Default

Heard, it will be back soon. Hopefully.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast