User Tag List

Thread: Adjust friction point on 3 MPS Gen II

Default Adjust friction point on 3 MPS Gen II

I recently lost all pressure in my clutch and couldn't engage any gears. Luckily it wasn't anything major and just some air in the system.

Now that has happened though, the friction point has changed quite a bit. The point that it engages it much higher now.
    I have been told that it is not possible to adjust the friction point as it is a hydraulic clutch, is this true??
    I've never had to adjust the friction point on a clutch before so any advice would be good.

The main question you need to answer is, do you have an OEM or aftermarket clutch?

The Gen 2 has no adjustability, so you're stuck with what you've got I'm afraid. But if you have a genuine Mazda clutch, this has a ratcheting action that is self adjusting as the disc wears. This will cause the friction point to rise slightly before it clicks to the next notch and drops again, altho this shouldn't really be enough to notice.

If you have an aftermarket clutch, then there's nothing you can do short of replacing it with a new one.

On the other hand, the Gen 2 has a fairly high take up point even to begin with so it's really just something that you've gotta learn to live with.