User Tag List

Thread: Me and my mazdaspeed 6 / MPS 6 + Question about exhaust Magnaflow cat-back system.

1. Default Me and my mazdaspeed 6 / MPS 6 + Question about exhaust Magnaflow cat-back system.

Howdy mates!

Firstly,
    Since this is my 1st post on the board I might aswell do a short presentation and give some thoughts about the car. I hope anyone don't mind.
    First of all, I'm Swedish and lives there, but I've been to OZ one time last year. There I say many cool nice cars, especially your own Holden Brand, they have many nice looking sport sedan models. I also discovered and reacted to the Mazda 3 SP25, which many drove in that city that I was at. SP25 dont exist in Sweden and some of them looked really nice.
    I guess it was here I first got interested in Mazda in the beginning, if I think about it.

I now own a Mazda MPS 6 / Mazdaspeed 6 2.3l DISI late 2005. Almost in 100% original condition. Gone about 6100 miles and is in titanium color.
    I love the car more every day and I like that I think this is a car that seems to take some time to learn drive real good and get used to. It kinda growths with you, or with me atleast.
    It's a really special car and I also like that it's a true sleeper.

Another good thing is how you could get seriously better performance and even better exterior without it even have to look like ridiculous styling at all, depending on how you choose to do it (Which I prefer). You can make this car look really ****ing good. And it don't even need to cost a fortune. Also fast as hell, and even have AWD. With nice interior, seats and stereo. So much to like. I wish though that the swedish model came with sunroof, but what can you do.

Mazda 6 mps is the best car I owned ever. But I've heard some sad stories about engine failing and other problem with the car, so it needs to be taking care of, follow the services and check/switch oils often. Then it could last real good, if you're not unlucky. And of course dont trim it like hell or drive it like a idiot.

I've have visisted almost every english-spoken Mazdaspeed6/MPS 6 forum on google since the day I bought the car in October 2005. There is so much to read and discover about this special rare car. So it's turned out to become almost a hobby for me. And I just started.

Now to the question(s)!
    I'm doing some minor mods on my ride and one of them is getting a Magnaflow Cat-back 2.5" system.
    I don't want a loud 3" or bigger and therefore Magnaflow seems to be the only option for me. Right? Or else show me an alternative. That have reviews.

Even it its not 3" its still seems to give some minor performance and especially giving a nice sound to the car.
    If I find it with a low-price I will get this. And now I might found a good Ebay seller that can give me good price and he is wating for the answer to my question.

It seems that Magnaflow only fits 2006-2007 according to most seller and even Magnaflow(according to their list).
    But at the same time some ebay seller say it also fits 2005 model, are they all lying? They write it fits for 2005-2007 mazdaspeed/ MPS 6.

I thought that there were no difference between a 2005 model exhaust with a 2006. Or Is there?? Won't a OEM 2005 exhaust fit a 2006 model??

I'm talking about this:
    Magnaflow Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust 16609 06-07 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6
    Magnaflow Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust 16609 06-07 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 2.3L Turbo | eBay

Are there any expert on this forum that could sort this out for me, will this also fit 2005 model?

And yes, I have mailed Magnaflow regarding this subjet/question, but they have not answered me and it's gone 2 days now and the ebay seller is getting tired of wating. Since its now even weekend im afraid I will at best earliest get answer from them on Monday. So I simply figure I could ask here.
    The Swedish Mazda-forum is almost dead, barlely any activity there atm, so that's why I choose to look for help here.

I also wonder if heat shield for this exhaust is recommended and if its really bolt-on like it says ?
    Any thoughts from those that have this system installed? Please share some info with your experiences of it. I'm all ears!

Thanks for taking my time
    I hope I dont have so much spelling issues and most importantly, that anyone can answer my questions. That would be very appreciated! Any help is welcome.
    Or even thoughts.

Regards,
    Mps 10
    Last edited by mps10; 02-04-2016 at 12:03 PM. Reason: text is bugging

Probably find that it's done by US model years, they had it from 2005 to 2006, but for some reason the model years are always +1...

Heat shields should be bolt on... Won't be that different from stock

3. Default

Pardon me I dont quite understand, I might just be stupid.

In sweden they came out 3 years, 2005-2007. Did they only came out 2 years in US ?
    If what you are stating true, then do you mean that the US model stated 2006-2007 is really in fact a 2005-2006? And therefore they will fit my mps 6 from 2005? Which is the same as a US 2006.

But like I said, in Sweden it came out three years. So if its just twisted as you say. Will Magnaflow fit the swedish 2007 edition? Which is actual 2007 and not just stated as it, which it could be in US.
    It surely came for 3 years in other countries that Sweden too. Maybe even 4 years in some countries?

If so, then it should say in the title that it fits "2005-2007" if its sold internationally, to avoid this unclarity everytime a internationall guy with mazda 2005 MPS is gonna try buy a Magnaflow Catback.

I mean even on Magnaflow's homepage it say in their own list that its for 2006-2007 cars. But it still came out 2005-2007 in Sweden and surely in other countries aswell.

So why just not simply clarify that they fit all the mazda mps from 2005-2007 ?
    Or I'm misunderstanding what your're saying? Or think.

I need some definitive answer here so I can be absolutly sure before wasting my last money for something I really dont even need. It's Just for fun.
    Last edited by mps10; 02-04-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Magnaflow is an American brand and would follow their dating conventions, I'm sure you'll find it will fit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Default Question about my Mps6

So recently I've been trying to find a new exhaust for my Mps 6 and I found the Borla exhaust but it says that it does not fit the Mps 6 but it fits the Mps 3. I was wondering if it fits the Mps 3 it has to fir the Mps 6? Am I wrong or can someone help me out. Thank you.

Not going to fit.

Check out CP-e or CorkSport

Quote Originally Posted by Mps6User12 View Post
    So recently I've been trying to find a new exhaust for my Mps 6 and I found the Borla exhaust but it says that it does not fit the Mps 6 but it fits the Mps 3. I was wondering if it fits the Mps 3 it has to fir the Mps 6? Am I wrong or can someone help me out. Thank you.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?