User Tag List

Thread: Cusco Coilovers for MPS 6

Question Cusco Coilovers for MPS 6

Hi all,

I know someone who has managed to source some Cusco Coilovers for the MPS 6 out of Japan approx AU$1200.

I've been doing some searching and can find nothing on Cusco's for the MPS 6, does anyone know if they are suitable and/or has any experience with Cusco's?

Comp-S, ZERO-1, ZERO-2, ZERO-2R [CUSCO] English page CUSCO

Thanks
    Chris

Here you go.....

????????? ??? ZERO-1(????) ???? 23S LA-GG3S?464 60E CP???????????? ?????

It says that it suits the Atenza (Mazda 6 in Japan), I would imagine it would suit the standard and Mazdaspeed versions.

I can read Japanese a bit, if you need more help.

Mazda 6 and 6MPS use the same coilies, the spring rates are just tuned differently to take into account the extra-fat-porker MPS6.

Fulcrum and Pedders (cough) are doing coilies locally too....KMH001 has done some research on them

Well, I got the Cusco Coilovers fitted today and am very impressed. Initial impressions and using the seat-of-your-pants-ometer to measure this, I would have to say the car feels more together and connected from the stock shocks and king springs set-up I was running. Also cornering is flatter with less roll. Ride comfort is possibly better too, though I need some good country roads with nice twisties to really get a good feel for it.

In the end I got a set of second hand ones from Japan as they were significantly less than new. Overall very happy with the set-up.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

What were the spring rates?

If you scored a set of Cusco Coilovers for $1200, that's probably half the price most other people are paying for them. I'd be putting Cusco one under the likes of Bilstein and Ohlins. =D

where did you order them from overseas ???

Quote Originally Posted by kookie View Post
    where did you order them from overseas ???
    The guy I know works with someone who lives in Japan and he had Cusco's in his Liberty and I was impressed with the ride and handling, so he got his mate to try and find some for the 6MPS, cut a long story - he found some for me, 2nd hand @ AU$1100 from some Japanese trading site

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    What were the spring rates?
    He's checking the spring rates for me as all the documentation was in Japanese, does 647 or 750 sound right

If those values are in lbs/in then yes it does make sense. That converts to about 11.6 kg/mm and 13.4 kg/mm, which makes them pretty stiff. By comparison, the BCs run at 10 kg/mm front & 8 kg/mm rear. Stock springs (at least for the US guys) is supposed to be 280/205 lbs/in = 5/3.7 kg/mm.

Yes they are fairly stiff, but also the damping is much better than the Kings set-up I had. Also managed to do some WOT acceleration this morning and there is very little lift at the front end, which is one of the features I was after and the flat cornering stance

So...you're a happy man then!!

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    So...you're a happy man then!!
    Very Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    If those values are in lbs/in then yes it does make sense. That converts to about 11.6 kg/mm and 13.4 kg/mm, which makes them pretty stiff. By comparison, the BCs run at 10 kg/mm front & 8 kg/mm rear. Stock springs (at least for the US guys) is supposed to be 280/205 lbs/in = 5/3.7 kg/mm.
    Correction - correct spring rates for Cusco Comp-S coilovers for the MPS 6

Front 11kg, Rear 6.5kg

Also my friend got them from here

Rinkya - Japan Auction & Shopping Service - Japanese, Anime, Car Parts, Dolls, Robots, & Much More