User Tag List

Thread: Can't find replacement Purge Solenoid Valve - Where to buy part?

1. Default Can't find replacement Purge Solenoid Valve - Where to buy part?

HI All

Hope you are all well.

I've been told my Purge Solenoid Valve needs replacing however my local Mazda dealer says there are issues in Japan with sourcing the parts.

It's been 6 months now and I have called several Mazda dealers who have said the same thing, parts suppliers have said I would have to buy from Mazda (ie genuine parts only) and no wreckers seem to have the parts either.

I have even tried to buy from the US via eBay, however when the parts didn't arrive, the US Maz dealer said the same thing as Mazda Australia.

Kinda at a loss now. I cannot believe I can't find a part for a Mazda 3. It's such a common car and I don't think the part is unique to the MPS.

The part numbers I am looking for are L3K918740B and L33X2036XC for a 2006 3 MPS.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this replaced?

Or if there is any work around? The car shudders really violently after being driven in hot weather. Otherwise seems ok. But I have a long drive coming up and unsure whether to risk it or not.

Thanks!

David

Oh man, I had issues with my purge value leaking a yr or more ago. When I go to a mazda dealer, they manage to grab the very last one in aus for me. Didn't know its in such shortage. Good luck in sourcing. What about buying directly from Japan?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Have you tried Rock Auto Parts in the US?
    In Australia, I imagine most wreckers would have the part if they have a Mazda 3. Since its easy to get to and small, it might be easier to go along and point to it rather than expect them to have the part numbers. Another option is seeing if it is the same part as on the Ford focus, which might be easier to get.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk