User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New TMIC option and SRI

KMH001 - i recall a few months back you were thinking about a rear motor mount with a bit more give than the SU/CPE but with better holding than the stockers...would these guys be able to help with that too? So many ideas!

I've recently removed my CP-e rear mount and tbh, I found no difference in going back to stock apart from getting rid of the vibrations.

My rear diff mount other the other hand did not increase vibrations and made the rear feel tighter. There might be a market for getting two diff mounts replaced.

The engine mount idea I had was to use the metal of a stock mount and fabricate my own slightly stiffer insert.

I'm not sure how far they would deviate from intercoolers and metal fabrication, but I'll ask.

If your guys cant do it, maybe fulcrum would have a crack at it!

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    The engine mount idea I had was to use the metal of a stock mount and fabricate my own slightly stiffer insert.

I'm not sure how far they would deviate from intercoolers and metal fabrication, but I'll ask.
    If your aversion to vibrations is anything to go by, I suggest sticking to the stock rear engine mount. I don't feel there are any real world gains on our particular platform by going to a stiffer mount from stock.

I would also suggest getting the silicon elbow pipe as part of the initial product. It wouldn't increase the install time by more than a couple of minutes, but the best thing is it replaces the accordian pipe which happens to ribbed on the inside. Can't be beneficial for flow.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Count me in for the TMIC too.

I am now 100% for a new TMIC and SRI and CAB if they do one.

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    If your guys cant do it, maybe fulcrum would have a crack at it!
    Fulcrum are having a crack at the engine mount as we type.

They have my std engine mount and are developing some different style inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Fulcrum are having a crack at the engine mount as we type.

They have my std engine mount and are developing some different style inserts.
    Thats awesome, I am waiting for Jarrod at Fulcrum to come back to me with a day to fit the MPS6 bushes.
    Faster than swallowtails Passat...and it has a letterbox

I just got back from a trip to QLD. Have a message from Hyperflow asking me in tomorrow to test fit the mock-up TMIC. If it fits well they will go into production. The core size appears to have more area than the ETS unit. Hopefully have a photo to post tomorrow.

Don't forget to ask them to do a test on boost drop compared with stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    I just got back from a trip to QLD. Have a message from Hyperflow asking me in tomorrow to test fit the mock-up TMIC. If it fits well they will go into production. The core size appears to have more area than the ETS unit. Hopefully have a photo to post tomorrow.

Nice cant wait for the pics
    マツダスピード

cash waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Don't forget to ask them to do a test on boost drop compared with stock.
    Good point.. I know its still early days, but a before & after dyno would be great. One with the TMIC only & then TMIC & SRI.
    Great work........

if its a mock up it will just be for fitment ?? not running test or turning engine over yet ?? will it.... haha everyone's to excited i think... just calmmmmmmmm downn everyone.... its coming.... Rome wasn't built in a day !!
    Last edited by PaulG; 08-07-2009 at 08:17 AM.

ha ha,

yeah Paul I expect the mock-up will be non-functioning because its purpose is to validate the shape and size of the end tanks and the cores haven't arrived from the US yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    just calmmmmmmmm downn everyone....
    no!

...me want now!

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Good point.. I know its still early days, but a before & after dyno would be great. One with the TMIC only & then TMIC & SRI.
    Great work........
    Boost is read post IC which means to maintain the 15.6 psi boost, the turbo has to work harder with a stock IC before the wastegate opens up. A dyno will still be measuring a car ingesting the same amount of boost which shouldn't pick up too much of a difference between two TMICs and that data won't be accurate if you do the dynos right after each other.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Here is a pic of the mock-up which was test fitted on my car this morning. I'm impressed by the sheer bulk of it compared to the stocker.

If he can find the time, Blake from Hyperflow might get on the forum and communicate directly with us.

holy crap !! will that thing even fit under the bonnet ? or is that not the finished height of it ?

looks tough !

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast