User Tag List

Thread: Tuning help

1. Default Tuning help

Hey guys, soon im going to be buying an accessport through either freek or stratified and im little confused as to what they should be tuning too. (Recommendations on who i should go with are welcome ) in regards to the octane they should be tuning too, i fill up my car with 98 octane fuel so you would assume I would ask them to give me my flash tune to a 98 octane but when I asked if that was okay they asked if i meant 98 RON so i got the idea that wasnt a regular thing. Am i just going full potato and not knowing what im on about or shall i genuinely get my car tuned to 98 octane? (since i always fill up with it). I assume its because the gas in america is of worse quality? just wanted to make sure i was doing the right thing before i went ahead with all this.

Thanks

Americans rate their fuel differently to us, 98 RON = 93 AKI (approx) which is the American rating...

They're probably making sure you mean 98 by Australian standards and not 98 by US which is full on race grade fuel

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Americans rate their fuel differently to us, 98 RON = 93 AKI (approx) which is the American rating...

They're probably making sure you mean 98 by Australian standards and not 98 by US which is full on race grade fuel
    ahaha okay thanks once again Sarcastic one 3