User Tag List

Thread: AP vs HPFP next?

1. Default AP vs HPFP next?

I've got a stage 2 intake from corksport on my 2010 3 MPS (inlet hose and short ram), a turbosmart blow off valve, and a corksport top mount intercooler. I would like to get the accessport next but ive read that I should get the pup internals first. Do i need the internals before the accessport or can i still tune with significant gains before I get the internals? Hard to convince myself to pay 500$$ for something i wont notice much right away. ty ty

I'd suggest getting the HPFP internals first, it's a safety precaution to ensure correct fuel flow. Without it, they'll have a hard time tuning to the vehicle's potential. If you run lean and throw a rod, that $500 will soon look real bloody cheep...

Probably go a AP with a basic tune from either Stratified (flash) or freek tune (ots+), it won't get the full potential from your intercooler & intake, but it'll most likely be a lot better than a COBB map!

These also come free if you buy a V3 brand new from them, else it's $50 US...

It'll also take into consideration that you don't have a hpfp, and will likely be far safer for your car
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I'd listen to sarcastic one before anything I said when it comes to these cars so ignore what I said 😊

Quote Originally Posted by MPS00M View Post
    I'd listen to sarcastic one before anything I said when it comes to these cars so ignore what I said 😊
    Normally I'd suggest hpfp first, as I'm not sure how well COBB maps deal with stock hpfp + intake and IC, but the paid maps from freek and Stratified will be much better... That's the only reason I suggest it
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

6. Default

I wouldn't worry about a HPFP til you hit the 330-350 mark and with what you have your fine. You might be about the 260 mark with what you have currently.

Mmn I would tend to disagree, its a known weak point, dropping a bit of cash on a HPFP is cheap insurance to avoid a ZZB.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk