User Tag List

Thread: Adapted Performance 'Shift Hammer' Short Shift Plate

Default Adapted Performance 'Shift Hammer' Short Shift Plate

I toyed around with getting an SSP for ages, but I was always worried about the length of the ball stud making clearance issues with my CorkSport airbox (the JBR one for exmaple) or actually making shifting worse, which is a common complaint of these things.

I was following an unknown bloke who whipped up his own design on MSF.org and decided to try it out (got the standard 2 plate version) and it is looking like he'll get vendor status there: Designed my own short shift plates - Page 4 - Mazdaspeed Forums

Pretty good - I thought the shift improvement claim would be a bit of snake oil, but I think it actually does help. I think it has a lot to do with the counter weights, it makes me think even on the stock shifter, the counter weight is too heavy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.JPG 
Views:	212 
Size:	963.0 KB 
ID:	17667

Here is that guys site if anyone is interested: Adapted Performance Shift hammer Mazdaspeed 3 6 Short Shift Plate | Adapted Performance - Mazdaspeed 3 & 6 Performance Parts

Dont know how the airbox will touch the ssp. Its still a fair distance away in my case of cobb airbox....and cobb airbo aint small....unless the cs airbox is super deep?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

If you have the stock airbox the install instructions for the JBR SSP say you have to raise it, made me think the same might occur even with an aftermarket airbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This does look cool. I didn't have to raise my corksport airbox with the JBR ssp though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk