User Tag List

Thread: New member

1. Default New member

Hi all.Had an SP23 before but have just bought a 2011 black mps.
    Loving it apart from a rattle in the back which im told are worn rear sway bar end links.Replacing them next week.
    I am 62 and my wife thinks im stupid,but i am young at heart and reliving my youth.Scared the missus to bits last week.
    I have bought some window visors and a shark fin.
    !st and 2nd gears are very low arnt they.Is a stage 1 flash worth the extra power.
    I live in the northern suburbs of Adelaide,are there any members around there.

Looking forward to chatting to you experts.

rpuddico

Hi,

I am also a new member, and at 63, am also still very young at heart. I now drive a 2009 Black mps. Somewhat different to my BF XR8 !!! I live in the NE suburbs, so I may see you one day.

Cheers

3. Default

Welcome and nice to hear the young at hearts getting into this types of vehicle. I'm at my 40s and had my black 2006 MPS for 3 years and loving it.
    Did all the mods and tuning myself with the help of some people in this site and also from mazdaspeed forum.
    Its probably my age that is why I'm settling with silent stock looks. My aim is to get the most out of my MPS looking stock and quiet and I think I'm almost there.
    I live in NSW western subs. Hope to see you guys one day.

4. Default

Oh jeez, I'm like half you guys age and then some glad to know that there is a great variety of people that love these cars also from Sydney @MARKMPS6

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

plenty of older folks have these cars seen a fair few 60+ year olds...

Glad you're enjoying the car, I'd certainly suggest a basic tune, really opens the car up!

Combine it with a rear engine mount and rear sway bar and you've got a great little package!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    plenty of older folks have these cars seen a fair few 60+ year olds...

Glad you're enjoying the car, I'd certainly suggest a basic tune, really opens the car up!

Combine it with a rear engine mount and rear sway bar and you've got a great little package!
    Haha Ive come to realise that very few young blokes like myself have them how old are you sarcastic one? Myself I'm only 20 haha everyone my age seems to have wrxs and Silvia's I wanted something different and sleeperish less attention from the boys in blue haha the wrxs definitely get a big shock when a big family car blows their doors off haha

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaMPS View Post
    Haha Ive come to realise that very few young blokes like myself have them how old are you sarcastic one? Myself I'm only 20 haha everyone my age seems to have wrxs and Silvia's I wanted something different and sleeperish less attention from the boys in blue haha the wrxs definitely get a big shock when a big family car blows their doors off haha

Bought it when I was early 20's, 6 years later still have it and am in late 20's
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

8. Default

Bought it when I was early 20's, 6 years later still have it and am in late 20's
    One of the best choices you made aye

One of the best choices you made aye

Given me a lot of good friends and adventures over the years, wouldn't mind trading for something new, but I'm pretending to be an adult now, so money goes elsewhere...

Only regrets are certain mods I did that now realise where a waste of money
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

10. Default

Given me a lot of good friends and adventures over the years, wouldn't mind trading for something new, but I'm pretending to be an adult now, so money goes elsewhere...

Only regrets are certain mods I did that now realise where a waste of money
    Hahahahaha that's how cars are though money pits even if you hate them hahahahaha.
    What mods do you regret if you don't mind me asking ?

Hahahahaha that's how cars are though money pits even if you hate them hahahahaha.
    What mods do you regret if you don't mind me asking ?

Have bought 4 different intakes so far, one a stock sized intake for a bigger turbo (big mistake), an exhaust manifold that didn't flow well and 3 different intercoolers...

Oh and a full set of engine mounts... never doing that again... not for me

12. Default

Have bought 4 different intakes so far, one a stock sized intake for a bigger turbo (big mistake), an exhaust manifold that didn't flow well and 3 different intercoolers...

Oh and a full set of engine mounts... never doing that again... not for me
    Ahaha I'm looking at the engine mounts at the moment as mine are shot :/ why do you regret them vibrations? And haha how did you manage to do three different intercoolers

13. Default

I have one, a tow bar....wana remove it but, it might come in handy 1 day. its heavy.

Ahaha I'm looking at the engine mounts at the moment as mine are shot :/ why do you regret them vibrations? And haha how did you manage to do three different intercoolers

Long story short on the mounts, sitting at 2500 rpm (100kph in gen 1) they were awful, and in Canberra that's the limit on all the main roads, and barely used the power i had which required them. So the trade off wasn't worth it to me.

Had an after market tmic, got a fmic, went bigger turbo, bought bigger fmic, demodded, back to stock tmic...

15. Default

Long story short on the mounts, sitting at 2500 rpm (100kph in gen 1) they were awful, and in Canberra that's the limit on all the main roads, and barely used the power i had which required them. So the trade off wasn't worth it to me.

Had an after market tmic, got a fmic, went bigger turbo, bought bigger fmic, demodded, back to stock tmic...
    How come you de moded, got bored of it? And do you remember which mounts you had?

How come you de moded, got bored of it? And do you remember which mounts you had?

Spent 99% of my time under 4k rpm, so never used the extra power a bigger turbo gives... and got annoyed at the lag below 3k for lazy overtaking.

Had jbr 80's, full set. Generally all you need is a decent rear mount, don't do the side engine mount, that's where 90% of the nvh comes from.

17. Default

Spent 99% of my time under 4k rpm, so never used the extra power a bigger turbo gives... and got annoyed at the lag below 3k for lazy overtaking.

Had jbr 80's, full set. Generally all you need is a decent rear mount, don't do the side engine mount, that's where 90% of the nvh comes from.
    Fair enough I'm planning this car to be a track/ daily so I'm probably just going to do a little big turbo like a bnr or something and they have softer mounts I believe to reduce vibrations I'm hoping there not as bad as the 80 duro I think they are 70 duro? Can't remember off the top of my head