User Tag List

Thread: 06 3 MPS brown mud looking material in engine bay

1. Default 06 3 MPS brown mud looking material in engine bay

Hi Guys,

I've had my Mazda 3 MPS for 7 months now
    and am loving it! Have fixed a sway bar knocking and done major services to make sure it's top for a while to come. I was looking for some help on what may be the cause of the following. I'm not an expert in cars or turbo's. The last time I popped the bonnet to refill the washer bottle I noticed a muddy looking material splashed around the belt side of the engine and concentrated around what looks like an engine mount. It's thick, slimy and doesn't really smell like anything chemical....
    So I cleaned it thinking maybe it was from
    The bad storms in Sydney around that time. Today washing my car I noticed it's back.
    Any ideas on what it could be? I have attached a couple of pictures but it's spraying off the belts and making a mess of the engine bay. I've attached a couple of pics.

Thanks in advance guys =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The side engine mount has split...
    It's oil filled

3. Default

Thanks mate, greatly appreciate it. One more follow up question. I was quoted $420 trade price here in Sydney. Any idea if it's possible to get it cheaper? Possibly from the US and possible contacts if anyone knows?
    Appreciate the help guys =)

Quote Originally Posted by Reda07 View Post
    Thanks mate, greatly appreciate it. One more follow up question. I was quoted $420 trade price here in Sydney. Any idea if it's possible to get it cheaper? Possibly from the US and possible contacts if anyone knows?
    Appreciate the help guys =)

Doubt it...

http://edgeautosport.com/mazda-oem-p...d-3-2007-2013/

Can get aftermarket for much cheaper, but it will increase noise and vibrations a lot...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Just remember that their driver's side is our passenger side when purchasing from the states...

Huge performance benefits from after market side mounts - if you can tolerate the vibes. Maybe a soft after market would be an ideal trade off between comfort and performance?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In my opinion the vibrations were nowhere near as bad as I was expecting from the people on forums but that's entirely up to you, I have JBR 70a mounts like this onehttp://edgeautosport.com/jbr-passenger-side-motor-mount-mazdaspeed-3-2007-2013/Plenty of reviews and opinions on aftermarket mounts, just have a search if you're not sure

How would you get all that crap off? I imagine it sticks on like glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddi View Post
    In my opinion the vibrations were nowhere near as bad as I was expecting from the people on forums but that's entirely up to you, I have JBR 70a mounts like this onehttp://edgeautosport.com/jbr-passenger-side-motor-mount-mazdaspeed-3-2007-2013/Plenty of reviews and opinions on aftermarket mounts, just have a search if you're not sure
    I had the 80's for year, wasn't so much the vibrations as it was the drone/noise...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I had the 80's for year, wasn't so much the vibrations as it was the drone/noise...
    Engine noise is decent increase true, I normally have music up often anyway haha

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    How would you get all that crap off? I imagine it sticks on like glue.
    I initially I thought it was dirt so I pulled out the degreaser and it came off, I helped it with a little wire brush and gave good results. When it came again I felt it must be something else which now we know is the mount =)

12. Default

Just an update. Definitely the side engine mount. The fluid hole in the middle was empty and split about half of a circle on the tip. Ended up buying a genuine one from Mazda for $400 plus mechanics labour to put in.
    Appreciate the help guys! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Reda07 View Post
    Just an update. Definitely the side engine mount. The fluid hole in the middle was empty and split about half of a circle on the tip. Ended up buying a genuine one from Mazda for $400 plus mechanics labour to put in.
    Appreciate the help guys! =)

Ugh, god damn Mazda prices...
    Hope they cooked a meal for you and gave you a kiss goodbye after that...

Ouch, that mount is actually so easy to replace too