User Tag List

Thread: headlight adjustment

Default headlight adjustment

Ive got the tein coilovers in the car so ever since then my headlights (xenon auto adjust) now point down to the ground more and light doesnt project forward very far.

How do you adjust them? i can adjust from actual headlights manual adjust but is there a way to adjust the automated settings?

White philips head adjuster on the back of the headlight, mark starting point with a black marker then start turning (anti clockwise from memory, but check) and count the turns till desired height. Repeat with other side. I think i adjusted it about 6-8 turns.

apparently you have to adjust the headlights higher than the preferred amount, then lower them to the preferred amount to tighten the adjuster

otherwise the headlights will keep getting lower because they are not tightened

Reaim your HID headlights - Mazdaspeed Forums

How does the "automatic adjust" work in the HID's?

I have seen somewhere that the auto adjust is controlled from the rear control arms. If you manually adjust them at the front (behind the headlight) the auto adjust still doesn't work.

YEah when ive had the car up ive seen the auto adjust thing on control arms. i ended up just adjusting from the front

Hey guys, wondering if this may help a bit,

I was reading through the Mazda 6 service manual recently and noticed a section on auto-leveling headlight zeroing

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...p-manuals.html

I've snapshot some of the info if you haven't time to download the full manual, but it explains that to Zero the auto levelling it has to be performed through the WDS (workshop diagnostic computer) then after zeroing you adjust the beam. I'm looking at mine which are probably a little low due to my coilovers. In the suspension section it highlights the need to zero the auto levelling after changing shocks or springs.
    Hope this helps, but I'll see if Mazda can do the reset for me at my next service.
    Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Headlight procedure.jpg 
Views:	780 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Headlight procedure 1.jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	926  
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I was quoted $20-$30 for Mazda to re-align mine while it was in for repair (water pump). I didn't think this was worth it, so, I just did the front adjustment for now.

OK, so I was underneath Sanchezs car on Sunday fitting springs and I just bent the bracket down a little until the lights were close to where they should be pointing. Its a very flimsy bracket, so it was easy to do. All that would need to be done is fine tuning at night time. Dodgy backyard mechanics, I know, but hey, it works fine.