User Tag List

Thread: Wanting to borrow Versatune Versalink usb/obd cable in Newcastle

Default Wanting to borrow Versatune Versalink usb/obd cable in Newcastle

Hi,

I have just purchased the Versatuner 1.10 and Versalink usb vehicle interface from Versatuner.

I have already downloaded the software package (which looks great ! ) , but unfortunately I wont receive the cable until after Christmas.

I was hoping there might be someone in Newcastle who might have one , that would be willing to let me use it to download my new tune before Christmas.

cheers

chilli

@MPS2NV has the cable... He's nearby

Make a trip to the terrace

Hi guys, just thought I'd ask what you think of the versatune software vs the accessport. I'm going to be purchasing in March and I'm still tossing up between the accessport and it's display or getting versatune and a hks OBD Bluetooth interface with compatible head unit... Any thoughts @SarcasticOne @MPS2NV

I'm a fan of all the cars I see having AP but I prefer VT personally and I'm not a fan of gadgetry in car. As far as tuning Between the 2 I have no idea lol

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Make a trip to the terrace
    That would be too easy Thanks heaps MPS2NV.
    I will send you a pm and see when suits you
    thanks
    chilli

Thanks SarcasticOne

chilli

Thanks @MPS2NV. I've been leaning towards the versatune for that very reason, didn't want yet another interface in the car, especially when I'm thinking of replacing the head unit.

Having tuned with both I can comment a little...

Whilst the interface is a bit clunkier, I feel VT is better for people to start tuning with, as it stores the files nicely and allows easy comparison between tunes...

But if you're getting a 3rd party to do the tuning, don't think it makes much difference!

Thanks @SarcasticOne,

I'm leaning even more in the direction of VT vs AP now. I guess the next question is, does anyone here run a HKS OB Link interfacing with a head unit? I like the idea of being able to display/monitor various gauges that comes with the AP but don't want to mount one. Having the capacity to display the same information on a head unit's display is appealing though.

Can't wait to finally get a move on with making some desired mods to the car. AP/VT, fuel pump internals, 3 port ebc and larger tm intercooler to start. Then once the warranty has finally expired, gtx2867r, 2xs dump pipe and intake, maybe complete exhaust...