User Tag List

Thread: Gen 1 MPS 3 Front 'Under Guard' bolts missing

1. Default Gen 1 MPS 3 Front 'Under Guard' bolts missing

I'm not sure what to call it, but the plastic guard under the car towards the front. Its attached towards the front of the car by 3 bolts (I think). Some of the bolts have come out, leaving the guard hanging down a bit.

Anyway, the dealer 'fixed' this up when I bought the car (saw it when I had it inspected). Its just come undone, whatever they did to hold it didn't work all that great.

So, does anyone know what bolts/clips/whatever I should use to reattach it? I'm very new to fiddling with a car, so not much clue myself.

Cheers

Edit: When I get into a PC I'll upload some pictures. Can't seem to do it from my phone.

Edit 2: Attached photos of the whole thing, as well as individuals of the missing bolts and the intact bolt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IntactBolt.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	17658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Undercar.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	17657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MissingBolt1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	17659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MissingBolt2.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	17660  
    Last edited by Natinator; 04-12-2015 at 11:03 PM.

2. Default

No-one knows?

3. Default

Undo another bolt and try and screw it in the hole. Don't force it you just want to see if it's the same thread. if it is, take that bolt to a bolt and fasteners place and get them to match it. Go get some loctite and apply it to the bolt that keeps falling out. Reapply bolt both bolts.

Edit:
    You could even take the bolt to bunnings to get it matched. Just look for something the same length and when you invert the bolts to each other, the threads will fit into each others.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by o0 Matt 0o; 09-12-2015 at 06:33 AM.

Thats exactly what i have for mine, except u cant find screw with the same sized built in washer as the oem in bunnings.

5. Default

How did you go about getting it fixed (if you have done) lovecolt?

I've tried getting the bolt out, but it doesn't seem to want to. It just spins whichever way I turn it...

Quote Originally Posted by Natinator View Post
    So, does anyone know what bolts/clips/whatever I should use to reattach it? I'm very new to fiddling with a car, so not much clue myself.
    I think a wrecking yard would be your best bet.