User Tag List

Thread: No new MPS....

Default No new MPS....

Here we go. I guess that is it for now..........

"The performance vehicle on Mazda3 and other models we do not have a plan at the moment," Kogai told Australian media.

Mazda RX-9 comes at the expense of MPS models

Let's be honest, there was never going to be a new one! The MPS was little loved, at best, when you could buy one brand new!

Over the past couple of years there were several news reports that did suggest an updated model was on it's way, and AWD to compete. Shame it isn't happening - in terms of versality the MPS has been perfect for me, as much as I love an RXsomething there will never be one in my garage.

The problem is not just with Mazda, but with the industry.

Where are the updates to these *affordable* street cars?

Lancer Evo (last one released this year)
    Skyline (R34 was the last update....the R35 is a different car and cant even compete - its like going from a millennium falcon to a Naboo starship).
    Supra (maybe a new one coming but it will be so far removed, just like with the R35 vs. R34 - will also cost an arm and a leg).
    Silvia - nothing
    RX7 - nothing, and this RX9 or whatever is coming.....i have my doubts since everyone is chasing efficiency.
    MR2 - nothing
    MPS - nothing
    etc...

Point is, the industry doesnt care about these types of cars anymore. I'll have to go to ford (Focus RS) to get what i'm looking for now. And maybe buy the mustang GT as well.
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

Just to correct a few things... The 90's supra/r34/rx7 were all much more expensive than people see in today's market...

The early 90's FD was USD32,000 which is low 50k USD ATM...

A quick look at the bmw website puts it around the same price as a top of the range 335...

A 95's turbo supra was 50k, which is 80k today, which is m3 money...

The r34 v-spec was 5.3 million yen in 1993, which due to Japan's crap inflation is only 5.6 mil yen today, which is 47k USD...

But, if we covert it to USD immediately in 1993 (42.5k USD), then apply us inflation to keep it all relevant, you're looking at 70k USD in today's money...

Nissan are keeping the Japanese performance sports car alive with the GTR and 370Z. Neither are particularly cheap new, but neither were their predecessors. Would be nice if they made an S16.

Honda have the new NSX too.

I'm not giving up hope on relatively "affordable" performance sports cars yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hermz View Post
    Nissan are keeping the Japanese performance sports car alive with the GTR and 370Z. Neither are particularly cheap new, but neither were their predecessors. Would be nice if they made an S16.

Honda have the new NSX too.

I'm not giving up hope on relatively "affordable" performance sports cars yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly, if the wrx had a better interior (common complaint I know, but I've driven a 2015) it would be great...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings