User Tag List

Thread: What next?

1. Question What next?

Hello!

I bought my 2013 Mazda 3 MPS this time last year from a dealer, it had 50k on the clock, always serviced (at said dealership)....

So far I've had a new turbo put on due to blown seals (diagnosed by me, not the dealership, which they then fixed)

Now I think the EGR value is playing up - again self diagnosis (dealer says that "they all do that - the MPS's". Do they, really? it's only started doing it in the last week, and I've had the car a year, and it's never done it before. God I hate the 'service managers').

I am taking it to a different dealer on Weds for confirmation... Luckily, the car is still under warranty - so I'm just wondering - what's next? What will be the next thing to pack up?

I love the car (when it runs properly) but I'm just wondering if i should offload it before the end of the warranty?!

Cheers,
    Pixie

No, it's not a common thing for the egr to play up... However the smoking turbo is very common, unfortunately...

3. Default

Thanks SarcasticOne...

Thankfully you can get it all fixed under warranty - what you've described sounds like bad luck, and you shouldn't have to self-diagnose, the stealership should know more around the L3T engine. I think bang for buck the MPS is one of the more reliable hot hatches out there, so don't give up just yet!

I agree. Apart from a few things (vvt, turbo) these motors seem pretty strong if looked after and the transmission and driveline is almost indestructible (compare to a WRX). They don't fall apart right out of warranty like a VW either
    What are the EGR symptoms you have?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk