User Tag List

Thread: Seat Belt Warning Indicator Beeping!

Default Seat Belt Warning Indicator Beeping!

G'day All,

Well I've had the new car for about 36 hours now and only one thing really pisses me off - the seat belt warning beeping! What an absolute pain in the arse.

Now before anyone flies off the handle calling me a law breaking a-hole, my major complaint comes as you can't even move the car 15 metres without the beeping starting. For example, my girlfriend and I live in an apartment block. We have a double car park with one behind the other, so to get to the MPS I have to move the Mazda6 out of the way or visa versa. The girlfriend also usually undoes her seat belt to reverse the car into the park as she is short and cant see otherwise.

Does anyone know a way of disconnecting or turning this off? I understand it is a safety feature but can honestly say I do always drive (outside the carpark) with the seat belt on.

Any thoughts or advice?!

Andy

If you drive slowly, I think its less than 20ks it doesn't beep, or you can plug the seatbelt in behind you.

I have the same sort of issue with the PS belt when I drive to work and have my bag on the seat.

coops Guest

Andy, maybe there is a fuse you can remove? - have a look at the manual.

I have a beeping question as well, does anyone no why after driving the car it beeps frequently for about 20-30mins?

You could remove the sensor or the buzzer, But would not recommend this as you may find the sensor determines if the airbags deploy or not.
    Last edited by Jmac; 29-06-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Blog Entries

With regards the seatbelt warning the only good reccommendation is to put the seatbelt on whatever is in the seat. It's beeping because it's heavy enough to trigger the alarm. Anything that heavy is NOT something you want flying across the cabin in an emergency/incident.

I know that doesn't stop it annoying you when you are doing the maneuvering for the garage, but it's not really something you should do anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Andy, maybe there is a fuse you can remove? - have a look at the manual.

I have a beeping question as well, does anyone no why after driving the car it beeps frequently for about 20-30mins?
    Is the seatbelt indicator marked red/green? Or is it off?
    It beeps when you stop and there's no-one in the car, and the ignition is off? Sounds like a fault.

If you leave the keys in it will beep to warn you not to lock them in etc?
    Last edited by Nexus; 29-06-2009 at 04:36 PM.

coops Guest

Nexus, it's not the seat belt warning, ignition is off, lights off, keys out, all doors shut. I pull up in the garage and then there is a low sounding beep coming from the car somewhere. Starts out doing it every minute or so then gets less frequent and stops after about 20 mins. Does it everytime i stop driving, have had car tested at Mazda, no faults!

Thats weird coops....mine dosent do that ?????

But the seatbelt beep drives me crazy too....

The lights on beep drives me insane...as I have auto lights...so lights stay on for 30 secs after i leave the car.

As for the seat belt...just drive under 20kms and it wont go off....you are obviously doing higher speeds than 20kms in your carpark

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Dotty .....Carni-folk

Blog Entries

Well, mine sure doesn't do that.

Mine doesn't do it for the headlights either, I have the auto-headlights, and they don't stay on for 30secs. Instant off when the ignition is switched to off. I have basic headlights though, not HID.

coops, I would take it to another dealer and explain that there is an apparently abnormal beep warning when car is locked and off. It sounds like the seatbelt beep? I presume it's muffled as the car is locked and the sound is coming from the cabin?

If it's not a fault, they should at least be able to explain why it's beeping. If they can't explain the beep then they don't know why it's beeping and they are just fobbing you off. If they don't know why it's beeping then it should be considered a fault until they do.

Do you have an alarm? I've an OEM alarm too, and can't say I've noticed anything like this...but if the alarm was issuing it's warning beeps in response to a trigger, that could explain it. In that case whatever is triggering it is not persistent enough to go past warning to alarm.

Nexus, it's not the seat belt warning, ignition is off, lights off, keys out, all doors shut. I pull up in the garage and then there is a low sounding beep coming from the car somewhere. Starts out doing it every minute or so then gets less frequent and stops after about 20 mins. Does it everytime i stop driving, have had car tested at Mazda, no faults!
    Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    The lights on beep drives me insane...as I have auto lights...so lights stay on for 30 secs after i leave the car.

coops Guest

No alarm fitted. Can open door while it is doing it and can't here it inside - so not seatbelt beep, seems to come from the engine bay or somewhere under the car. No big deal really car still works, just thought i would ask if anybody else had noticed it. can't here it outside with traffic noise just when it's quiet in the garage. Took it to mazda when i first noticed to ask and they didn't know, wonder if it has anything to do with the after market exhaust/high flow cat?

Blog Entries

No alarm fitted. Can open door while it is doing it and can't here it inside - so not seatbelt beep, seems to come from the engine bay or somewhere under the car. No big deal really car still works, just thought i would ask if anybody else had noticed it. can't here it outside with traffic noise just when it's quiet in the garage. Took it to mazda when i first noticed to ask and they didn't know, wonder if it has anything to do with the after market exhaust/high flow cat?
    There are cool-down noises that they make. I don't recall hearing mine make beep type noises, but a hot exhaust cooling off could definitely be producing the noise.

Mine kinda clunks lightly on cool down but a beep?

Cooling down clucks......High pitched Wolf howls(that used to freak my dogs out).....but no beeps after locked for the missy mobile

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Mine kinda clunks lightly on cool down but a beep?
    Bink!
    Bink Bink....
    it could sound like a beep.

Thats for all the advice and feedback guys..

You might just be right Duglet, hardly my fault considering... ;-)

17. Default

digging up on old thread but god damn the seatbelt beeping shits me too. wish there was an easy fix.
    I've had random warning beeps I cant put down to anything either. Ussualy don't last that long, or turning the vehicle off and restarting fixes it.
    Most recent random beeping I had was initiated by a quick hand brake turn (dsc off), powered off and it beeped at me for maybe 3-5 mins before stopping itself. No warning lights or anything...