User Tag List

Thread: MPS Gen 2 Stuttering 1st Gear 4500rpm and up

1. Default MPS Gen 2 Stuttering 1st Gear 4500rpm and up

Hi Guys,
    Can't seem to find this fault happens on first gear if its stretched out past 4500rpm, and no other gear, I did a data log, it looks like at 4500rpm the AFR drops to 8.* and I dont know why, it does not happen on any other gear.

Please check my logs and let me know what you think the fix may be.
    Log 1,2, is only first gear
    Log 4 is stretching out 1st,2nd and most 3rd. Hope you can help.

I have HPFP, CAI running stage 2 tune OTS I did a MAF call just recently, but this was occurring before hand.

Let me know what you think.

Also a few questions:
    What should the Vacuum sit on idle (mine sits around 9.5/10)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your vac is normal, mine sits around that.

Also have you tried a different OTS map?

3. Default

I did have a different tune a while ago, before the HPFP and stuff but I dont recall having this issue.

The logs don't indicate or point to anything, its just that I put alot of time and effort into this MAP I don't want to scrap it and start again (SWAS disable, MAF Cal, Squeek removal on cold start from HPFP)

Did you have TCS/DSC fully disabled when you took those logs?

5. Default

Yes, I pressed the DSC button and the light was on that it was disabled.

You can copy your maf tables onto a different Map. That's not an issue.

Just try another one see if you have same issue. Might be worth a try as those logs seem fine which makes me think might be a tuning issue.

7. Default

I started my MAP from scratch, now it only does it intermittently..

Done the same as the logs 1 out of the 10 times I tried it. Should I be worried?

Did you us the same base OTS map or a different one compatible with your mods?

I just noticed your hitting almost 20psi, that's probably not good as I'm pretty sure they shouldn't hit over 17.5ish psi.

9. Default

Same base mod.
    I will change the base and check again on my way home today (because I modified two base mods for testing)
    I saw that too, but not sure how to approach it, I had issues with my car overboosting before, but the guy I bought it from had a boost tap (lol), So i removed that and put the hoses to the turbo boost solenoid.
    Wish me luck

10. Default

Just for the sake of closure, I figured it was a BETA Option in the AP Software, I removed the reduction of torque & SWAS through AP, the car didn't like it and by the way it was behaving it was conflicted on when to reduce torque so it just decided to reduce it at 4500rpm (or at least this is the way I understood lol)

Returned the levels to stock, and it stopped happening, but the standard torque reduction on turned steering wheel & spinning returned, Meh.