User Tag List

Thread: Clutch hydraulic line hose + slave/master cylinder - opinions (VIDEO)

Default Clutch hydraulic line hose + slave/master cylinder - opinions (VIDEO)

spent some time under the hood of my MPS6 today. clutch sticking to floor and pissing out fluid on the side of the road...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXlUlp-eLDM" target="_blank">

the hose has a split and i will be replacing soon (trying to find a local source vs SS braided such as corksport)

car is almost 10 years old. 150K km

would you replace the slave/master cylinder as well now... or wait?

Edge have some lines, not too sure on which ones which or if you'd want to wait on them when as you can probably get the made locally.

This one I think is that hard line:
    Techna Fit Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line Mazdaspeed 6 MS6

This one I think is the soft line you've blown:
    Techna-Fit Stainless Steel Clutch Line BLUE Mazdaspeed 6 2006-2007 - EdgeAutosport.com

Also that suck as my 6 is at the same Km's as your haha.
    Last edited by Fi5h; 19-10-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    2006 MPS6 Gray - BNR S3 V2, 2XS turbo manifold, CPE 3” catted down pipe, Magna Flow cat back, HTP 3” TIP, HTP 3” MAF, HDI FMIC, Turbo smart BPV, 3 bar MAP, 3 port cobb boost solenoid, Auto Tech fuel pump, CPE injector seals, EGR delete (second and primary), VTCS delete, JBR Thermal Gasket Intake Manifold & Throttle Body, V3 Access Port.

98RON 260kw - 490Nm RayTuned

<EDIT> got clarification from edge, those ^ lines are the same, only difference is colour.
    ive ordered a master cylinder from edge as well...and

found the slave cylinder at Clutch kits and clutch parts Australia | Clutch Repair Replacement Brisbane for $!05+$22 postage AUD
    had to order a new brake/clutch reservoice cap cover from mazda locally...$30!
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 20-10-2015 at 12:43 AM.

99% sure the only difference is the colour mate...

Yeah I wasn't sure. The pics had different fittings.

So do edge keep both the hard line and the soft line that you blew?

Just an update for anyone who cares.

edgeautosport only sells the clutch line (soft hose)

the hard line aka clutch pipe doesnt appear to be stocked anywhere in australia however melville mazda advised it is only $34ish dollars but has to be ordered from japan (6-7week wait) they said the same thing about the master cylinder (which i got from edge)

the Techna-Fit Stainless steel line looks like a perfect fit, but when you try to connect it via the threaded connector it doesnt make a complete seal. im not sure if this is to do with different measuring systems from the US vs Japan vs AUS. the diameter of the hard line is the exact same (before it lips up) as the end of the Techna-fit line. ended up taking this to the local ENZEND for confirmation and the guys advised they hadnt seen a connector like the Techna-fit, and confirmed it did not make a seal.

they custom made me one (at a cost of $98) so just be wary if you intend on ordering the Techna-Fit.

i ended up ordering the slave cylinder from direct clutch from the eastern states, its not on their website but the guy i phoned was really helpful. not an OEM part, but it swas half the price and looks the same quality. there isnt really much to the Slave cylinder and i could have gotten away with just a rebuild kit but oh well.

so apart from the hose debacle (which was what caused my clutch to fail in the first place, it had split really bad at the one of the connection end) and the aftermarket one from the states, the fix was relatively simple. just a bit time consuming with bleeding but the car is now driveable.

will attempt to replace the master cylinder when i have some more time, since now i can move the car into the garage!

I'll be getting a HEL braided clutch line to go with my new clutch. Will update in the new year if there are any problems with fitment etc.

UPDATE - over 1 year later

last friday, had car serviced by RAC. was not experiencing any problems. i asked them to check the master cylinder and since had the part in the boot of the car still...but they advised not required...
    they did report they recommend a brake fluid flush as it failed a test...

however...yesterday(tues) clutch stuck to floor when turning corner.
    got it towed back to RAC for assessment.

they have advised the slave cylinder has given in, hose is ok.
    they can replace it, however they are unsure if it this will happen again, due to the heavy duty clutch (ACT clutch from memory, have been using that for quite some time now, several years with the stock slave cylinder before the hose burst from previous post)

anyone experience any issues like this, when using an after market heavy duty clutch?
    RE the brake fluid, the clutch shares the same reservoir? im somewhat thinking this could be related to the slave failing?
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 16-11-2016 at 02:34 PM.