User Tag List

Thread: Handbrake Issues - MAZDA # MPS BL 2010

1. Question Handbrake Issues - MAZDA # MPS BL 2010

Hello Everyone

This is my first post here so I guess I am a Newbee

I have a 3 MPS which I bought with about 50k on the clock in otherwise faultless condition apart from the handbrake.

When I purchased it the handbrake was high so I did the normal thing, backed off the adjustment , pumped the pedal a few times to reset the rear calipers and readjusted the handbrake. I thought the problem was fixed

The next time I went to use the handbrake it was back to its old self, to the point that the lever pulls to its full extent with no handbrake effect at all. After pumping the pedal a few times the handbrake eventually gets better only after around 15 pumps of the pedal

Does this sound like a familiar problem with this model or is mine a one off? I am about to dismantle the rear calipers to see if I can see a problem but I thought I would run it past you guys first as there is no point in reinventing the wheel so to speak.

Any help you can give would be helpful

Many thanks

Darren

sounded like one off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Might be worth paying attention to the rotating assemblies for any kind of movements that might be spreading the caliper/s during your mission of inspection. Keep us posted

As well as pad orientation incase the car has for some reason had repairs in that area.