User Tag List

Thread: Sudden Clutch Failure MPS 6

Default Sudden Clutch Failure MPS 6

Had a sudden clutch failure ( hard to engage on the way to Sydney). Opened it up and found CP had delaminated and DMF was wobbly, just lucky I made it back without taking out the engine as well, when it fell apart. Looked around in Aus for a replacement set and settled on an ACT via private import from Edge Motorsports in the US, of a HD Clutch and PP with a Streetlite SM flywheel. I don't understand how I can import (considering the poor exchange rate and hefty postage) for less than I can buy an OEM replacement in Australia. Someone is making a hefty profit margin from us in Australia.

OEM gear is almost always more expensive than aftermarket gear. When I replaced my front rotors it cost me 900. If I'd been thinking, I could've gotten some really sweet slotted/drilled rotors for that much $$.

Im currently getting a gtx2867 plus some intake/exhaust gear and some other goodies for the cost of a stock OEM turbo from Mazda. Moral? Don't buy OEM.

Not just OEM, even after-market replacements in Aust are dearer than buying online from the US.

It's called an "economy".