User Tag List

Thread: JBR engine mounts for Gen 1

Default JBR engine mounts for Gen 1

Item:
    JBR engine mounts, transmission and drivers side, 80 durometer for Gen 1 MPS.

Info:
    Literally just installed them 2 days ago, was expecting vibes but this is not what I'm after. They're bloody well engineered and built but they're not for me. I'll remove them in a few weeks after I get a new OEM mount to install (my trans mount went, that's why I got new ones in the first place).

happy to post, will get a quote if someone is keen.

This is what they are:

Side Mount Package [MS3-SIDE-PKG] - $355.00 : James Barone Racing, Aftermarket Performance

Paid 580AUD delivered. make me an offer, happy to negotiate.

Any questions feel free to contact me on 0416 968 328
    Last edited by Alan; 11-08-2015 at 11:32 AM.

They do get better after about 1000km and if you beat on them a bit...
    But yeah, bit nasty around 2500rpm (60kph in 4th and 100kph in 6th)

Glws

Sarcastic one,

Agreed on the 2500rpm band, glad to hear that's normal. Does that at least ease off too?

the mrs is far from happy with the situation and self protection is kicking in, happy wife, happy life and all that. Will probably get an OEM mount soon and return it to normal.

on the plus side, I actually like the whine of the gearbox, the box is shifting like a champion, no more axle tramp and it feels tough as nails. Feels like I can get that power to the ground much more effectively now. Before installing the mounts, it was grinding into 3rd when giving it some spunk, now it just loves to pop in.

So, I'd be happy to leave them for a bit but I think the treasurer will dictate otherwise.

Gets better, but it's never great... My missus was very glad when I pulled mine out, so know what you mean

For me a lot of driving is around 2500rpm (Canberra) so it became awful... If you do more 2700ish rpm (110 in 6th) it's much more tolerable...

Should never choose such high duro setup in the first place. I find 70d all round to be the bearable limit

Well you live and learn. My loss will no doubt be another's gain.

They're great for racecar feel... And pretty awesome at putting the power down, but for some people the nvh trade off is too much...

I'll happily swap the 80's I have for someone's 70's too btw if anyone is interested.

The E-Focus REM is a great alternative to these bone shattering mounts. I've never understood how people find these acceptable outside of a track day car.

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBong View Post
    The E-Focus REM is a great alternative to these bone shattering mounts. I've never understood how people find these acceptable outside of a track day car.
    Once you start looking at 270kw+ and over 500nm at the wheels, the stock mounts don't work very well...

They vastly improve the car's ability to put power down, and improve the gearbox feel significantly... But as has been mentioned, does increase noise and vibrations
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Gotta say, day 5 and its growing on me actually. Biggest problem is the vibes when cruising and decelerating from about 110 down through to about 90. It's more like a shudder than a vibe. If this was gone I'd actually be happy. I'm thinking that's what the vibration weight that's attached to the stock mount was for?

Bump

Hi Alan,

If you haven't bought oem rmm I can say I've got the CP-e 75 duro series 1 and the misses reckons she doesn't notice the vibes but I can because I drove it more before and after the change. I have to admit it is negligible in my opinion.

They do a 60 which would be even less likely to cause vibration as far as I'm aware so may be an option instead of oem.

I can definitely say I get better traction / response with the mount installed compared to standard as I'm sure you experienced with the JBR. I don't think there'd be that much difference dropping down to the 60 but I'm sure it'd still be better than standard...

I figured I'd better make it clear that I mean I don't think you'd lose much performance wise dropping to the 60, especially on the street. If dollars aren't an issue, the series 2 is supposed to be better again but can't confirm this. One Mazdaspeed forum member that has reviewed the s2 and has had both stated as much.