User Tag List

Thread: Hello from the Sunshine State :)

1. Default Hello from the Sunshine State :)

I found this forum whilst researching why my lovely Mazda3 MPS has started blowing smoke while idling.... alas, I found the answer is probably turbo seals
    I dropped my car at the Mazda dealership today at 9:30..........

I'm still waiting for them to let me know their diagnosis, after them telling me it was normal, they do that, etc etc. Then I said 'hmmm could it be turbo seals'....... suddenly then they found an oil and coolant leak.
    The car was 2nd hand but is still under warranty - luckily.

Anyway, nice to meet you all - I'm Lisa.
    I'll keep you posted on my little rockets progress..

Guessing you've got a gen 2?

Sounds like typical mazda diagnosis if it's still under warranty, make sure you push for a warranty job... Cause it should be covered

to ozmps, pity about how you had to find us, but hope you enjoy your stay, there's a good bunch up there in qld, certainly in Brisbane!

Welcome and good luck. They played dumb with me too but it's a common problem. Wonder what the mechanic thought of a female customer diagnosing the problem before they could. Hope that ruffled some feathers ha ha

4. Default

hello!
    I think I will hang around here ... you seem friendly enough
    Yes, I'm not sure if my diagnosis went down too well at the main dealership - whoops. They've just told me that they are 'running more tests, but it looks like an oil leak around the turbo'. So I said 'it's the turbo seals then?'. So he waffled a bit more and said they couldn't do anything till Monday when they would have a better idea...' blah, blah, blah. Lucky it still has 9 months warranty - so yes, I'll be pushing hard for a replacement turbo under that warranty.
    The best bit was they said I could have a car on Monday - but it would cost $27.50 per day - so like a courtesy car but more like a hire car... tut!

Thanks again for the welcome

Welcome Lisa. Where is your dealer? I have generally had good experiences with my local Mazda dealer at Springwood so good luck with your repair.

Welcome! Hopefully your issue gets sorted quick and you can get back to enjoying the car

welcome!

8. Default

It's Grand Prix at Caboolture.... however, I do have a contact at Eagers Mazda in Newstead, so if Grand Prix mess me around I will go to Eagers.

9. Default

Just a quick update...
    Turbo being replaced under warranty
    should be done this afternoon - however I can't collect till tomorrow morning due to work.
    Never mind... at least it's being fixed
    And I get to drive to Brisbane in a shitty Mazda 2 ... auto.... wah wah wah

Pity you didn't get a manual, a 2 is kinda fun in a manual...