User Tag List

Thread: Thoughts on WhiteWidow Downpipe options

1. Default Thoughts on WhiteWidow Downpipe options

I'm looking at upgrading the turbo dump pipe and wanted other peoples thoughts on WhiteWidow products eg quality and performance. Or should I just stick with the CP-e or Corksport DPs.

Here are 2 links from New age auto parts, any feedback on which one would be better of the two

WhiteWidow Catless Downpipe Mazdaspeed6 - Exhaust - MazdaSpeed 6 / MPS - Mazda - Search By Car

WhiteWidow Full 3" Stainless Steel Downpipe for Mazdaspeed6 WWMS6CLDP - Exhaust - MazdaSpeed 6 / MPS - Mazda - Search By Car

Deleted duplicate threads...
    I'd stick with brand name, and avoid new age auto parts... A lot of companies have stopped honouring warranty's for parts purchased through them...

3. Default

Sounds kinda strange that vendors wouldn't warrant the parts they sell. Could you recommend any other shops, is Edge ok. Our dollar is really hurting us atm.
    Is there a Cobb pipe for the mps6 could only see ones for the 3 available.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Sounds kinda strange that vendors wouldn't warrant the parts they sell. Could you recommend any other shops, is Edge ok. Our dollar is really hurting us atm.
    Is there a Cobb pipe for the mps6 could only see ones for the 3 available.
    Warranty work goes back to original manufacturer...

Edge is good, as is rpm store and map performance...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yeah, don't but from them. Search on MSF for some cool stories :s Australia, you have a default warranty from the seller (consumer law) but not so much in the us. Edge autosport are great. 2XS in Brisbane also makes a great downpipe.

7. Default

I'll see what 2XS in brisy have, the aussie dollar is making it harder for us to import at a good rate.
    Btw does Xforce make a decent exhaust for a mps 6

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'll see what 2XS in brisy have, the aussie dollar is making it harder for us to import at a good rate.
    Btw does Xforce make a decent exhaust for a mps 6
    Don't think so. http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/xforc...-review-2.html

http://www.xforce.com.au/makes?make=Mazda

Troy should be able to hook you up with something nice, otherwise another option is this
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    Downpipes this week! 10% off through Sunday! Code is WeeklyDeal!
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

9. Default

Hello we have the Downpipes and Catback exhaust in stock and if you ever have any questions, we will be glad to answer them. Don't know where they are coming from that we don't honor warranties but that is 100% false. We are authorized dealers for all the parts we sell. Our company name is plainly on Cobb Tunings website and we are master distributors for Treadstone, BNR, Autotech, Sonic Tuning, WhiteWidow, Damond Motorsport, CPE, HTP Products. If you have any questions, feel free to hit us up at www.facebook.com/newageautoparts or you can msg us here. We also lower the duty value super low so you will never be taxed. Jared Wilson is one of our sponsored cars also. You can talk with him if you feel uncomfortable. Thanks for your time!

Funny... Did CPE change their tune?
    http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru....php?p=2546410

And maybe you are authorised now, but you sold AP's previously without being an authorised dealer, also suggested people do gift payments to you through PayPal, which is not a legit receipt should anything go wrong.
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 15-08-2015 at 04:48 AM.

White widow make great parts, as do CPE. I fit parts on a regular basis and I have not fitted a white widow dump but can vouch for the CPE, they are by far the best I have fitted when looking at the list of what people are talking about, I don't name call so I won't name the brands but do some homework before moving away from the known brands.

as for Nate at newageautoparts I have used all the main companies over the past couple of years and Nate is the only person who has actually replied to anything I have asked in person. Once again I won't name call (I don't troll) so please get me right on this one, I'm not saying the other companies are bad, I have and will continue to use them, what I want to say in the defence of the comments made towards Nate is that "this is not my experience at all".

totally the opposite, best customer service I have had, open communication, and at the end of the day parts are parts no matter where you get them from, Nate has been up front with cost trying to combine shipping and always gave me discounts.

I just want to add one comment to this because I do have a vested interest. I run a youtube channel dedicated to DIY and helping people 'have a go' at mods. I make little to no money out of it but when I realised I was getting hits and wanted to get more parts I needed a better way to get parts without spending every cent I had. I looked around for companies to partner/sponsor the channel, and after looking at other peoples posts, reviews, etc.. I saw newageautoparts where giving to charity, where communicating with customers openly, and even when issues occur (no one is perfect) they went out of there way to correct the issue... so YES my youtube channel has a sponsorship with Nate and the team where I get great deals on parts but I chose them for this deal because of the track record I saw for myself.

All the best with the dump pipe mate. I have an install video coming out soon of one on an MPS6, its one of my least favourite jobs to do but its needed to get good power gains.
    All the best guys
    Tim
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    CorkSport SRI-TIP ][ KingSprings ][ CP-E TMIC][ Cobb AP (stage 1 tune) ][ Prosport Boost gage ][ Apexi RSM, ][corksport top front strut brace ][ corksport top rear strut brace ][ corksport short shift plate ][ Autotech HPFP internals ][ CS LED light kit ][ CS rear engine mount][CSDP ][ GFB BOV ][DBA front disks]

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Funny... Did CPE change their tune?
    Stay away from XTR Performance /NewAgeAutoparts/ NewAgeAutoparts.com /Facebook Users Nate Baumberger Joey Lokken - Page 2 - Mazdaspeed Forums

And maybe you are authorised now, but you sold AP's previously without being an authorised dealer, also suggested people do gift payments to you through PayPal, which is not a legit receipt should anything go wrong.

I purchased parts through Edge and SP36 this week all using paypal. I get a recent with goods ordered, I honestly don't know the system so does this mean that its not a legit recent? most companies say a different price for import tax but I just want to confirm. (I am building an engine and spent a ton of money on this thing)
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    CorkSport SRI-TIP ][ KingSprings ][ CP-E TMIC][ Cobb AP (stage 1 tune) ][ Prosport Boost gage ][ Apexi RSM, ][corksport top front strut brace ][ corksport top rear strut brace ][ corksport short shift plate ][ Autotech HPFP internals ][ CS LED light kit ][ CS rear engine mount][CSDP ][ GFB BOV ][DBA front disks]

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyMPS View Post
    I purchased parts through Edge and SP36 this week all using paypal. I get a recent with goods ordered, I honestly don't know the system so does this mean that its not a legit recent? most companies say a different price for import tax but I just want to confirm. (I am building an engine and spent a ton of money on this thing)
    When purchasing through PayPal, if you do it as a "gift" PayPal won't do anything to help you with disputes etc...

I believe PayPal charges fees if you're a proper business, or do more than x amount of sales etc... So by doing sales as "gifts" they get around all that...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

how is the build quality of this DP when compared to 2xs/corksport downpipes?

15. Default

Didn't Reedys CPE DP crack in half ? they are pretty much identical to COBBs design.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    When purchasing through PayPal, if you do it as a "gift" PayPal won't do anything to help you with disputes etc...

I believe PayPal charges fees if you're a proper business, or do more than x amount of sales etc... So by doing sales as "gifts" they get around all that...
    thanks mate, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    how is the build quality of this DP when compared to 2xs/corksport downpipes?
    Build quality of most WW products is way up there, I have had fitment issues with other brands (needed shortening or didn't align properly, rubbing near the firewall). but once again I can only speak for the CPE I have not installed a ww dump.

18. Default

I did order the WW dump pipe as it did look very similar design to the CorkSport with the divorce wastegate pipe. I've read this design can be better for boost control and flow and I'll probably bolt a 100 cel cat directly off it back onto the stock cat back pipes as Ive heard the stock cat back exhaust pipes arent too bad with minor mods.

Once I fit it I'll provide some feedback on quality and fitment, but for the price and the shipping cost from Newage was very reasonably priced coming to around $400 delivered.
    I plan on eventually bolting either a BNR S3 or possibly a GTX2867r.
    Last edited by Alpha; 20-08-2015 at 12:00 AM.

19. Default

Hey guys thanks for the responses. I know when I worked for a company called XTR for 2 months a couple years ago, they were making us receive payments as gifts. I also sold Cobb thru an authorized vendor at the time and I did let customers know who it was coming from if they wanted to order a Cobb item. As for the gifted payments, I will not receive any gifted payments period thru NAAP. I didn't like how XTR ran the business. I am a legit business owner and have many new things coming out for our platform and will continue to do so Like I said I am authorized with Cobb so they obviously knew I wasn't XTR Performance / Titan Performance. XTR/Titan is banned & Blacklisted for life. New Age Auto Parts is Authorized. Again I only worked for XTR for 2 months and was taught all the wrong ways of doing business. I guess that's what happens when you have a 21 yr old trying to run a company. I have a full dedication to you guys. I also own another profitable business in the real estate market and I have two kids to provide for. I'm not saying I was perfect by any means but I do try to cater to everyone I can and respond to any questions they may have. You can always find me on facebook. www.facebook.com/newageautoparts and msg me there! Have a great week guys and Mazdaspeed FTW!!