User Tag List

Thread: 2008 Mazda MPS performance questions

1. Default 2008 Mazda MPS performance questions

Hi guys, My wife and I have recently purchased a 2008 Mazda 3 MPS. Im pretty sure the engine mounts are on their way out so looking to upgrade. We use the car everyday so looking for a good replacement that doesnt alter the way the car drives too much.
    Im also looking for a good place to start with mods. I notice the car really lacks power in the upper rev range. Whats the best fix for this

Thanks guys

Keep the sides stock, and can upgrade the rear...
    As for mods, hpfp and access port/versatune should be your first mods...
    Hpfp keeps engine happy...
    The tune will help a bit with the power band above 5000rpm, but the turbo is just out of grunt really... The best you can hope for is for it to hold power rather than drop...

3. Default

Awesome thanks heaps

Now may I ask the best place to get these? And what is hpfp?

hit up edgeautosport.com
    They're on this forum too so PM them directly and they'll help you out.

BCNYA?? you dont happen to own that rx3 do you? lol

5. Default

Yeh mate I used to.

Jbr 70 gets my vote for a rear mount. Once run in, can barely feel any extra vibration (usual for any mount upgrades). Out of breath on upper rev, can really be fix with a bigger turbo. Oem tiny turbo isn't meant for high revs anyway

7. Default

Really would like to keep stock turbo and work with what i have. I dont want to go all out with it, would just like a little bit more power

The Jbr 70, where can i get that from? Sounds like exactly what im after

Can get decent performance from stock turbo with e85/meth... My most recent tune:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=302650

But, that's a bit outside your desires... A hpfp + tune + rear engine mount (I'd suggest CPE stage 2 as it changes the bushing orientation) and possibly a rear sway bay will really liven the car up

Jbr, damond motorsports, or cpe stage 2 for a good, non-obnoxious RMM. Power in the upper revs can be drastically improved with an cobb accessport/versatuner and a good tune (by someone who really knows the mps - id suggest the US etuners or @Rayd). Add a 3" intake (JBR, Corksport), racepipe and maybe a 3 port EBCS and upgraded intercooler and you can get the little turbo working pretty well in the upper RPM band. An E85 tune will add more power again.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...d.php?t=187352
    About the cheapest option you'll find for the package deal

11. Default

HPFP = High Pressure Fuel Pump and is AKA as a CDFP = Cam Driven Fuel Pump.

12. Default

Thanks mate