User Tag List

Thread: A seating positon question...

1. Default A seating positon question...

Hi all,

I've had my eye on the Mazda 6 MPS for a long time, but I have a very well functioning Magna VR-X, so Im having trouble justifying the move. I know its a nicer car, but I try to be mature with my money. I may have access to a loophole though.
    Over the last couple of years, Ive had a tonne of surgery on my leg. One of the negatives is having a very tight knee from all the scar tissue in the joint. Basically, it prefers being extended than bent. If I slide all the way back in my car, my legs are virtually straight, but being it doesnt have a reach adjustment, the steering wheel is too far for comfort. Bit of a catch 22... I thought maybe if I had a reach adjustment, it might have worked out ok, but I dont.
    So firstly, is there much leg room for the driver at the fully slid back position? Im 6"2, and a good part of that height is made up by my legs. Secondly, would the steering wheel extend out enough to be comfortable slid all the way back?

Thanks in advance

@Jmac is 6"5 and could fit in a 6 just fine

Its difficult to say whether you will be comfortable but Sam has alluded that one of our previous forumers could fit rather comfortably in an MPS6 but not much room at the back i assume for the passenger. You will have to test drive one for yourself to see if its suits you..

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    @Jmac is 6"5 and could fit in a 6 just fine
    Being able to fit isnt really my worry though. I think the average person drives with their leg bent to be close enough to the wheel. Im wondering if I could have a straightish leg and have the wheel extend enough for it to be a comfortable position.
    I suppose he gets notified when you tag him and hopefully he will be able to answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Its difficult to say whether you will be comfortable but Sam has alluded that one of our previous forumers could fit rather comfortably in an MPS6 but not much room at the back i assume for the passenger. You will have to test drive one for yourself to see if its suits you..
    I accept being slid all the way back in a medium size car will make for an uncomfortable passenger behind me. Though the percentage of the time I dont have more than 1 or 2 passengers and thats what counts.
    I know nothing will be test driving one, though this is all so preliminary. Was hoping I could get a rough answer here at least.

Know be was ok in a 3, as was another member who was 6-4...

From memory @Jmac found a 6 more comfortable...

Delayed response... oops
    6 has tonnes more room.. I FIT in the 3 but it wasn't the best.
    noting though, - they are both manual.
    Assuming the magna is auto??
    @dazza is also pretty tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Delayed response... oops
    6 has tonnes more room.. I FIT in the 3 but it wasn't the best.
    noting though, - they are both manual.
    Assuming the magna is auto??
    @dazza is also pretty tall.
    Getting slow!
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings