User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: COBB Accessport vs. Dyno tune

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Lol that sounds like a "great" feature haha - Large turbos full spool @ low rpms. Are they insane?
    Why not?
    If you build your block, and use ignition based launch control rather than fuel cut, you can get a 3076 fully spooled at 4000rpm... Great for drag racing
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    http://www.versatune.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=414

Ah, think that might be some custom code, but know space is very limited on our ECUs
    That's a shame. Interested to see how you find VT as you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Lol that sounds like a "great" feature haha - Large turbos full spool @ low rpms. Are they insane?
    On a 6 with a built motor I'm sure it's great. 26psi launches
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

I was just about to ask Stratified about their Flat Foot Shifting/Anti Lag options. Looks like I might not be able to get it with the tune that I am getting based off what i'm reading

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    I was just about to ask Stratified about their Flat Foot Shifting/Anti Lag options. Looks like I might not be able to get it with the tune that I am getting based off what i'm reading
    AP has fuel cut based launch control, which works, but is inferior to ignition cut (for reasons...)

It has flat foot shifting as well
    Don't know how different VT and AP's implementations are, or if one is better than the other...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Why not?
    If you build your block, and use ignition based launch control rather than fuel cut, you can get a 3076 fully spooled at 4000rpm... Great for drag racing
    That is true haha. Stock block not so sure...
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    That's a shame. Interested to see how you find VT as you go.
    Have had a bit of a play around
    It's a nicer looking interface that's missing a few nice things from ATR

I find it a bit clunkier to do smaller edits... And the lack of floating bars is annoying...

If it's flat foot shifting with fuel cut then it's kinda pointless tbh. Ignition cut is going to be ridiculously better for anti lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    If it's flat foot shifting with fuel cut then it's kinda pointless tbh. Ignition cut is going to be ridiculously better for anti lag.
    It's still better than lifting foot off throttle, as it keeps the throttle plate open and air moving through the engine/turbo...

Yeah there's no dinosaur bones exploding in your engine, but it'll still help to keep the turbo spinning...

Should add, ignition cut (if taken too far) can cause quite a bit of damage fuel cut is considered "safer", although, it's effectively the same as hitting the rev limiter...
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 24-07-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Yea pissing in burnt fuel into the turbine housing isn't great for longevity but anti lag is such an epic feature. Who doesn't want to be able to spool their turbo at standstill? If for nothing more than to impress the ladies.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345