User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: COBB Accessport vs. Dyno tune

Its also probably that I have no place to work on my car. My driveway is on a hill so cant even jack it up lol

Quote Originally Posted by stockholm View Post
    Yeah i know. I'm going to have to do a bit of digging and see if i can get same spec HPFP internals from a supplier or if anyone in aus actually makes the internals on their own
    I wish you best of luck and keep me informed, the pump and ap are my next desired upgrades... the pump being priority...

3. Default

Does anyone know if the Cobb AP has Cold Start/Warm Start options on the OTS tunes?

Does anyone know if the Cobb AP has Cold Start/Warm Start options on the OTS tunes?
    What do you mean?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    What do you mean?
    When dynotuning, you can specifically ask for the car to handle winter conditions or summer conditions better - to do with air temperature on startup specifically, i imagine.

In short, yes. There are a crap load of tables in ATR which reference temperature (coolant temp, intake air temp, boosted air temp etc). There are also changes such as idle rpm when the engine is cold. The OTS maps use all of this.
    However, a good custom tune can deal with the fluctuations better (eg I did logs in temps from -6 to 38 degrees for my etune to guarantee the tune was stable in every temp).

The start up tables aren't exposed in ATR like they are in versatune

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    The start up tables aren't exposed in ATR like they are in versatune
    Eg?, I'm missing something here :s

Eg?, I'm missing something here :s
    All the enrichment tables, will screen shot them tonight

@Lachlan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VT-Table.PNG 
Views:	203 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	17518
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VT-Table-2.PNG 
Views:	198 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	17519

so, can inject more fuel when starting and warming up

as for what/how to use this, i know it's from a honda website, but it's still an interesting read:
    http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85056
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 22-07-2015 at 07:14 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

The capability of VT and AP software seem to be a lot better then the products pro dyno tune places use, that results in these places not embracing these options in favor of endorsing the services/products they use.

I know most tuners near me embrace the COBB accessport and either use ecutek or mazedit to fine tune. Those are both not bad software packages as long as they keep them up to date I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    I know most tuners near me embrace the COBB accessport and either use ecutek or mazedit to fine tune. Those are both not bad software packages as long as they keep them up to date I suppose...
    It's hard to know which is better or worse without being able to see what tables are exposed...

I think the AP hides/combines are number of tables compared to VT, and when I asked tunehouse if I could look at the tables in ecutek (2ish years ago), they said no...

VT launch control > AP launch control though... At least with mega spool, it uses ignition cut rather than fuel cut...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Thanks @SarcasticOne I didn't even know those existed. I wonder if they are just hidden but still populated with default values in ATR or if they are additional functionality only in VT? I actually assume @stockholm question was more about tuning for different weather rather than cold starts, but not sure. This VT thing is looking more interesting. Do you find mega spool any better on a FWD where you have sfa traction?
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Thanks @SarcasticOne I didn't even know those existed. I wonder if they are just hidden but still populated with default values in ATR or if they are additional functionality only in VT? I actually assume @stockholm question was more about tuning for different weather rather than cold starts, but not sure. This VT thing is looking more interesting. Do you find mega spool any better on a FWD where you have sfa traction?
    I'm still on AP, friend of mine gave me a copy of VT to look at

I'd suspect they're hidden and populated with default values, can't just magically create tables usually

Says "starts" in his post

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'm still on AP, friend of mine gave me a copy of VT to look at

I'd suspect they're hidden and populated with default values, can't just magically create tables usually

Says "starts" in his post
    Ah, I thought you had jumped ship. Ha ha

Doesn't ATR 'magically create' the extra rpm limits used for launch control/ffs?

And yeah... but his next post made me think it was perhaps more general since 'handle winter/summer conditions better'.
    When dynotuning, you can specifically ask for the car to handle winter conditions or summer conditions better - to do with air temperature on startup specifically, i imagine.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

What the hell is megaspool. "hiiitt the meeeggaspoooll" *car takes off*

http://www.versatune.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=414

Ah, I thought you had jumped ship. Ha ha

Doesn't ATR 'magically create' the extra rpm limits used for launch control/ffs?

And yeah... but his next post made me think it was perhaps more general since 'handle winter/summer conditions better'.
    Ah, think that might be some custom code, but know space is very limited on our ECUs

It's a synonym for 'broken clutch'

Lol that sounds like a "great" feature haha - Large turbos full spool @ low rpms. Are they insane?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast