User Tag List

Thread: Stock Bose subwoofer any good for aftermarket HU?

Default Stock Bose subwoofer any good for aftermarket HU?

Hi,

I'm looking into under seat subwoofers for my non-sports pack Gen 1 MPS3, and have seen some of the Bose subwoofers around. The stock look appeals but not sure if the stock Bose sub is any good - reports differ. I don't want a thumper, just a nice subtle improvement in low end sound.

Now I'm running an EONON D5151 head unit, found pinouts - wondering if others have done same?

Thanks

JB

I used to run a little clarion unit that I had no problems with for over 7 years and it's now in my dad's landbruiser troopy. Delivered decent sound too. Definitely not for doof doof, but excellent for giving a good bass feel.

Just goggled and it's the CA113 6.5in powered sub nowadays 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking into under seat subwoofers for my non-sports pack Gen 1 MPS3, and have seen some of the Bose subwoofers around. The stock look appeals but not sure if the stock Bose sub is any good - reports differ. I don't want a thumper, just a nice subtle improvement in low end sound.

Now I'm running an EONON D5151 head unit, found pinouts - wondering if others have done same?

Thanks

JB
    Hi, I am not an expert on this Bose install although I have read a bit about modding them on MSF.

I think you will find the Bose sub is integrated with at least the other high frequency speakers and perhaps with the connections to the stock head unit in the "luxury pack" models.

Personally I wouldn't be mixing and matching the Bose sub in with aftermarket head unit and stock (non Bose) speakers.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

Yeah, I doubt it would be easy to integrate. I also think the stock system runs off head unit power, while the bose has an amp? So you would need to add both sub and amp. It would be easier to look into simple aftermarket solutions. Something under-seat like the focal bus25 or ibus, or stealth boot subs (something like these https://m.facebook.com/ZoomboomSubBo...omboomSubBoxes) which you could get made (or make yourself pretty easily if you want to get dirty with fibreglass and wood) and install with a small amp (shameless plug: i'v got an sub amp for sale here in the fs section if you go this route).
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!