User Tag List

Thread: hey im after some advice

1. Smile hey im after some advice

hey guys,
    my name is Dylan and im am interested in buying a mazda 6 mps. i currently own a ford bf gt-p manual and an au falcon with a built 6 so you could say im a ford man. my daily is an 87 model hilux that im a bit tired of and after a bit of research have decided an mps6 is an option for a new daily. As a daily for me it would include roughly 500kms a week of driving. My questions are, what are the best years to look at? as the 2005 models seem to be a bit how are ya with the clutch, would this type of car be reliable enough for that much driving and what is just a common list of things to look for as i will be looking at a few in the near future. thanks for your time and here is a picture of my gtp
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0583.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	967.3 KB 
ID:	17494

Good thing our engines have fomoco stamped all over them then

I'd go for a 2006-2007 model as the clutch is nicer... Think they got mp3 capabilities as well...

The mps can be very reliable, main issues are smoking turbo (let it idle for 10-15 minutes), busted rear engine mounts ($150), and shit hpfp ($400)... The hpfp is a "must do" mod, as it'll stop your engine going boom!

Being AWD, the 6 has diff mounts which can sometimes go bad... Mazda made the mounts for comfort, not to handle torque

Get a tune on the car from someone that knows them (likely an e-tune from the states), and you'll have many years of happy motoring
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Good thing our engines have fomoco stamped all over them then

I'd go for a 2006-2007 model as the clutch is nicer... Think they got mp3 capabilities as well...

The mps can be very reliable, main issues are smoking turbo (let it idle for 10-15 minutes), busted rear engine mounts ($150), and shit hpfp ($400)... The hpfp is a "must do" mod, as it'll stop your engine going boom!

Being AWD, the 6 has diff mounts which can sometimes go bad... Mazda made the mounts for comfort, not to handle torque

Get a tune on the car from someone that knows them (likely an e-tune from the states), and you'll have many years of happy motoring
    Thanks a heap for your advice mate! Although what is a 'hpfp'?

High pressure fuel pump
    The mps is direct injection, needs 1600+psi fuel pressure

5. Default

Ohh very true thanks a bunch mate! Much appreciated

also check out the warranty thread